Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New Cube added to Tiny3D not visible in Build

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by newguy123, Nov 26, 2020.

1. newguy123

newguy123

I've added a new cube to the Tiny3D scene and applied a Grass Material to it. Also added a physics Shape:

upload_2020-11-26_14-40-2.png

However in the WASM build the new cube is not visible:
    upload_2020-11-26_14-42-4.png

Whats happening here?

2. CocosGames

CocosGames

Never mind, what you built is just a subscene.

3. newguy123

newguy123

soooo......... did I do something wrong then? I thought this one in .31 has no more subscenes

4. kevinmv

kevinmv

Unity Technologies

Just to rule out some things, I imagine the scene is saved (it's not in the screenshot) and build is succeeding? (Adding the physics shape would require a reference to Unity.Physics in the Tiny3d.asmdef)

If the above is true, can you try wiping the asset directory for:
    <project>\Builds\tiny3d-wasm\Data (this is the path used in the build)

and the local cache at
    <project>\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\<asmdefname> (in this case <asmdef> would be Tiny3D)

I'm curious if there is an issue with stale data from a previous build not making it into the final Builds directory.

newguy123 likes this.
  5. newguy123

newguy123

Ah brilliant thanks @kevinmv wiping the local cache sorted it. Seems your suspicion is correct then, something got stuck there from a previous build. Any way of preventing this in the future, other than manually wiping the cache each time?

6. kevinmv

kevinmv

Unity Technologies

I believe we had some issues recently sorted internally where not all build artifacts were taken into account for redeploying decisions. You should certainly not have to do anything like poke around in the DOTSRuntimeBuild directory normally.

I'll make sure a bug is logged so we can fix this up if it isn't already. I would be curious if you frequently see stale data when iterating normally or if something is causing the build to become stale (e.g. if trying to export data as part of a build but the build failed for some random reason and you stop getting new data deployments etc...)

But for now, if you see something wonky manually wiping those two folders will be the least impactful workaround for now (exporting data is typically fast. Don't wipe your DOTSRuntimeBuild directory otherwise you'll need to rebuild everything again including downloading packages etc...)

Hope this helps!

newguy123 likes this.