Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

New Collab UI

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MousePods, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MousePods

MousePods

Hi!

I am enjoying using the new Collab UI (just updated to 2020.1), but there seems to be a regression when adding comments.

I usually add comments as I work to the comment's section so when I push, I don't have to remember what I did. The old version would save those comments through playmode, and I believe, when closing Unity. However, this new UI doesn't save those comments.

I was wondering if this is how it is designed to work?

Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @MousePods, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the new UI so far!

When entering Play Mode, your comments should not be getting deleted unless you close your project. It has been changed from the previous version, where after publishing a commit, instead of deleting the commit message it is not touched. This was to address instances where if a publish were to fail then it would no longer delete your commit message.

Could you tell me which OS you're working on?

3. MousePods

MousePods

Thanks for the reply!

I am on 2020.1.0f1.

Actually I think what was happening is I was changing the layout. This will delete the comments. Is there a way to stop the comments from being deleted on exit and changing layouts (closing the tab?).

Thanks!

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Interesting, at this time there isn't a way to keep those comments when the window is closed. We'll look into adding this as a configurable option, as that could be beneficial. Thank you for bringing that bug to our attention!

MousePods likes this.