Search Unity

Feedback "New Cloud Projects" message bar creates usability problems

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by soleron, Oct 17, 2019.

1. soleron

soleron

A. It can't be removed
    B. Doesn't allow accessing the last project's menu option even when you maximize it. i.e. can't remove the last project from the list.

Testing should be more thorough when it comes to usability. there are teams out there with a lot more than 4-5 projects.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @soleron,

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. You would like to dismiss the message without refreshing the project list?

3. soleron

soleron

The problem is there is some invisible notification frame (canvas area, whatever) that always overlaps and blocks the last project's last menu option ("remove from list" ).
    upload_2019-11-12_13-49-53.png

You should either limit the active area of the notification, or end the line of projects well above it, or bring the project options menu all the way out (in terms of layer order).

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@soleron Yes, but if you click on "Refresh" the message will go away and that project will be visible. The only reason we show this message is so that we load the project list faster. Once the cloud projects are fetched we show this message instead of updating the list automatically (which depending on the sorting might be super annoying). Would you rather wait for the whole list to be loaded before seeing the recent projects page?

5. soleron

soleron

Sure, but it doesn't make sense why one has to force the other though,
    and what I want to do is unrelated to refresh. It's just bad UI design.

Bad layer/frame management.

Furthermore, I do not want to add new projects, I do not care to refresh. I want to remove only.

It is kind of silly forcing me to add new projects only to remove them, don't you think? Bad UX.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

I agree the UX could be improved for your specific case. In the meantime, if you no longer wish to have cloud projects you can always archive them from the developer dashboard (online) and the Hub won't try to display them anymore. :)

Cheers,

soleron likes this.
  7. soleron

soleron

Thanks for the tip, it is a good idea.
    I am a consultant to a number of teams.These are not my projects to archive.

JanTuts and AbrahamDUnity like this.