Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New Cinemachine v1.5

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Adam_Myhill, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You don't need to hack the Brain code for this. Using the CinemachineExtension API, it's very simple to add an extension to the vcam that post-processes the position prior to it being passed to the Camera.

2. treecki

treecki

Ahh ok that's great to hear! I definitely feel janky hacking into the brain code. How exactly would I go about doing this with the CinemachineExtension API then? Would I make a new script that grabs the cinemachine brain and tells it's position? Because I want the z order change to apply for all vcams, not just a follow cam for the character. Also is this z order formula the best method for top down z order 2d cameras?

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Here is a simple script that uses the CinemachineExtension API to lock the camera Z. Add it as an extension to each of your virtual cameras (it will show up in the "extensions" menu at the bottom of the vcam inspector. From script, just add it as a component).
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using Cinemachine;
    4. /// <summary>
    5. /// An add-on module for Cinemachine Virtual Camera that locks the camera's Z co-ordinate
    6. /// </summary>
    7. [ExecuteInEditMode] [SaveDuringPlay] [AddComponentMenu("")] // Hide in menu
    8. public class LockCameraZ : CinemachineExtension
    9. {
    10.     [Tooltip("Lock the camera's Z position to this value")]
    11.     public float m_ZPosition = 10;
    13.     protected override void PostPipelineStageCallback(
    14.         CinemachineVirtualCameraBase vcam,
    15.         CinemachineCore.Stage stage, ref CameraState state, float deltaTime)
    16.     {
    17.         if (stage == CinemachineCore.Stage.Body)
    18.         {
    19.             var pos = state.RawPosition;
    20.             pos.z = m_ZPosition;
    21.             state.RawPosition = pos;
    22.         }
    23.     }
    24. }
    Sorry but I don't really understand this question. It's not clear to me exactly what you're trying to do.

Alverik likes this.
  4. XN4k3dBR

XN4k3dBR

I have version 2.110, but dont work xbox one !
    I managed to compile for xbox one but the scenes created by the cinemachine 2.110 do not work!

why?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you be a little more specific?

6. XN4k3dBR

XN4k3dBR

The cutscene works in unity normally, but when I send to xbox one it does not work.

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

"Does not work" isn't specific enough.

8. XN4k3dBR

XN4k3dBR

Okay. I have an intro cutscene. In unity it works perfectly, but when I send to xbox one the cutscene gets stopped, do not run.
    it doesnt even start running, stays in he first frame

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Why do you think this is a Cinemachine problem?

10. XN4k3dBR

XN4k3dBR

because he game was running ok before i put that cutscene on

11. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

ok, but maybe it's a timeline thing, not a Cinemachine thing. You say the timeline stays on Frame 1. You might try asking on the TImeline forum. Try simplifying your cutscene to search for the culprit.

12. XN4k3dBR

XN4k3dBR

I solved the problem. Updated Unity's version and it worked
    thx for supporting

13. ramJat

ramJat

Hello,
    i am getting some errors when i try to make build for Holocene(UWP).

C:\Users\RChoudharyX098698\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.postprocessing@2.0.3-preview\PostProcessing\Runtime\PostProcessManager.cs(77,41): error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'IsAbstract' and no extension method 'IsAbstract' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\RChoudharyX098698\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.postprocessing@2.0.3-preview\PostProcessing\Runtime\PostProcessManager.cs(76,40): error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'IsDefined' and no extension method 'IsDefined' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\RChoudharyX098698\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.postprocessing@2.0.3-preview\PostProcessing\Runtime\PostProcessManager.cs(75,40): error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'IsSubclassOf' and no extension method 'IsSubclassOf' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i am try to make build for UWP using unity version 2018.1.1 with LightWeight pipeline

14. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

PostProcessing v2 isn't compatible with UWP/Mono due to the fact that it's a very limited runtime that doesn't even support the base .Net API, it only works with UWP/IL2CPP

15. ramJat

ramJat

Does it solved in new unity version 2018.2

16. ramJat

ramJat

Whenever i import holotoolkit in project it shows this error
    System.Exception: Package directory not found: "C:\Users\RChoudharyX098698\.nuget\packages\Microsoft.CSharp\4.0.1".
    at UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.NuGetPackageResolver.Resolve () [0x000dd] .

Why, any suggestions

17. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We generally recommend users to move to UWP/IL2CPP as it's better in every way.

18. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Try positing this question on another thread, maybe the package manager one

19. ramJat

ramJat

But After selecting IL2CPP another error coming.
    Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe. Enable "Allow 'unsafe' code" in the inspector for 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/CoreRP/com.unity.render-pipelines.core.Runtime.asmdef' to fix this error.
    i am already allow 'unsafe' code active but still facing this issue.
    please help me i am facing this issue since long time.
    thanks

20. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I can't really help you on that one. Try asking the question here: https://forum.unity.com/forums/editor-general-support.10/

21. ramJat

ramJat

22. mr0ng

mr0ng

@Gregoryl Can you elaborate on why UWP/IL2CPP is better in every way? I'm struggling to understand the benefits, as I am used to the ability to still edit my C# code after building out of Unity. I'd love to learn more about the benefits of IL2CPP so I can feel better about the .NET backend being depreciated.

23. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Mostly it's to enable a single simplified code-base for serialization. It's just easier to support and less bug-prone.