Search Unity

Bug New bug in Unity 2021.3.15f1 when building

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nasos_333, Dec 3, 2022.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have a new issue with the latest Unity 2021.3.15f1

It says a Shader Graph shader cause stack overflow when building, this worked fine before in previous versions, including 2021.3.6f1.
    Also is a Shader Graph, so should generally not create any issues, so this looks a very major bug.

Compiling shader "Shader Graphs/OutlineFADE A" pass "Universal Forward" (vp)
    StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

Is this a known issue ?

Also please don't release unstable Beta versions in the Hub, we cant work this way if everything breaks in the same 2021.3.x cycle. If possible please retract the 2021.3.15f1 from the Hub until this is fixed.

The Outline effect can be found in my GIBLION asset, is the outline effect shown in the image below, if the Unity team need to test on it.

Niter88 likes this.
  2. Niter88

Niter88

To which platform are you building to? can you spare some details on the config? This would help Unity team to debug.

Also, which version were you using before? I need to stay on a stable branch. :v

Gonna test .15 anyway. I'm on an android project

Last thing. If you're the GIBLION creator, good job man wow

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have just solved it, seems was not related to the outline effect after all, a user reported an error related to that, but seems was a problem with the renderer feature that i created an instance to access its variables, seems this is not liked in the 2021.3.15, so will just do it another way.

After remove the instance making code can build fine and build with the outline effect that was mentioned, so i assume the main issue was the instance creation.

Niter88 likes this.
  4. Niter88

Niter88

I can confirm that there is no issue on building on 2021.3.15f1 on Android

nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great to know, thanks for the heads up. I had tested so far in Vulkan and after remove the instance from code in renderer feature could also build fine.

Niter88 likes this.