Search Unity

[Big upgrade offers - Save $600 !!✅] InfiniTREE PRO-Procedural Ltree generate, growth & dynamics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Dec 25, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

InfiniTREE is now available for Unity 5.3.2f1 native package, in Google Drive download for all users and contains extra shaders for best use in Unity 5.

I can send the system on PM request directly (please attach the invoice or invoice PDF in the PM).

MAY 2021 UPGRADE OFFERS !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $3-15 for a limited time !!!
    Upgrade:
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS - $15.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE
    to Ethereal- $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniTREE - Procedural Forest Creation & Optimization - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Advanced FX Creator - Decals, Particles, Radiosity & Splines - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Particle Dynamic Magic 2: Decal, Spline, AI Particles & dynamics - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Sun Shafts SRP Beta - $3.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta - $3.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles - $5.00

InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $29.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in the 5th Week of the Unity SALE !!!!!

SkyMaster ULTIMATE is a $15 upgrade from Ethereal or InfiniGRASS for a limited time.

Enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

With this asset is it possible to access properties of each single tree so that I can change its appearance during game play. e.g The tree is healthy and green then later it is unhealthy and losing its bark.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

In theory yes, it is possible to unbatch the trees on the fly, make changes and batch it again locally (for moving branches or changing bark properties etc).

Doing this in a big scale is not recommeded though, as the batching is heavy process (it is multithreaded so it is better when multi CPUs are available). A few trees at a time should be ok (one at a time being the best case)

The way to do this requires coding though, e.g. i have implemented a few samples of interaction (so the code to open the group and close is there as sample), but you need to adapt this code to the specific interaction you need, which is generally not trivial.

Doing changes in shader level (e.g. changing color or adding slow layer etc) is essentially free, so this is another possibility when actual motion of branch-tree bark is not requires.

I have a Unity 5+ version available where i include the InfiniGRASS shader base that has various effects, so if you get the asset make sure to send me a PM with invoice to send the latest version.

4. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm very interested in this asset, but I have several questions before buying:
    1. Dose infiniTree or infiniGrass support other runtime geneated terrains or itself has a runtime generating method like I can define which altitude, slope range or texture of the terrain each tree type can grow, and an automatic density control for different areas?
    2. Is it possible to integrate infiniTree/Grass to other terrain generating assets especially MapMagic, for I'm using it to randomly generate my terrain in the runtime.
    3. About tree chopping, is it possible to use infiniTree to let players chop down a tree step by step and gather different resources from different part of the tree. Like a coconut tree can have a stump and several trunks and one crown, players can cut it down first then chop every piece of trunk apart, then chop the trunks into other gameobjects (branch stick or firewood)?
    4. Can I access every tree's transform to let fruits grow on trees? Or infiniTree's already got better solution for fruits, flowers or seasonal changing of the trees ( of course I will need to access the fruit's data to let player gather them from the tree or chop down the tree for them).
    5. What's the range of tree types infiniTree can create? As I can see in the description, it's like it can create every kind of trees, but I haven't seen any examples other than broadleaf and pines. Is there any showcases that can show me how realistic and wide range infiniTree can achieve? Will be super excited to see it covers from shrub to trees to palms. :)
    That's all I can think of for now, best regards ;)

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i have answer to the questions below

1. Dose infiniTree or infiniGrass support other runtime geneated terrains or itself has a runtime generating method like I can define which altitude, slope range or texture of the terrain each tree type can grow, and an automatic density control for different areas?

The InfiniGRASS system supports height, slope and Unity terrain splat map based planting of grass(es). In the coming v2.0 this can be done en mass as well for whole terrain, in v1.x you need to define an area to plant on. The system can plant on mesh terrains as well, though there is no splat map based planting in that mode. The tree system does not have a planting system (trees are user planted). The InfiniGRASS system can also plant trees (and any other mesh too)

2. Is it possible to integrate infiniTree/Grass to other terrain generating assets especially MapMagic, for I'm using it to randomly generate my terrain in the runtime.

InfiniTREE would be easier to integrate, as there is no centralized manager and control, while in InfiniGRASS you need to do some extra scripting to register the grass with the global manager. The coming v2.0 of infiniGRASS uses pooling, this you can essentially plant any number of terains (it is possible in editor or run time in v2.0 as well) and have the actual grass drawn from the pool for minimal allocations and maximized performance.

3. About tree chopping, is it possible to use infiniTree to let players chop down a tree step by step and gather different resources from different part of the tree. Like a coconut tree can have a stump and several trunks and one crown, players can cut it down first then chop every piece of trunk apart, then chop the trunks into other gameobjects (branch stick or firewood)?

There is a system to chop the tree (in an optimized way, so the batched models will open up during the procedure, but only the batch with the chopped tree). The system is complete with sound and particles, though there is no gathering system and you would have to code such (e.g. trigger the production of remains of tree and add to scene in your code). It is a nice suggestion though to add as a sample, so will work on this extra step in next versions. The issue with this is that is too gameplay specific, but i can give one sample gameplay in my script i guess to build on for the specifics and more details.

4. Can I access every tree's transform to let fruits grow on trees? Or infiniTree's already got better solution for fruits, flowers or seasonal changing of the trees ( of course I will need to access the fruit's data to let player gather them from the tree or chop down the tree for them).

There is no gather system from parts of a tree. Picking one by one fruits for example is a big optimization problem by itself. You could add a script to add a layer of fruits etc in each tree though, this is possible as your script can access the transform and even all branches from my grower script that creates the tree. Optimizing the fruits of all trees with the added feature to pick each one separatly is another thing though, as you would need to unbatch the models and rebatch to save on draw calls which is very slow.

5. What's the range of tree types infiniTree can create? As I can see in the description, it's like it can create every kind of trees, but I haven't seen any examples other than broadleaf and pines. Is there any showcases that can show me how realistic and wide range infiniTree can achieve? Will be super excited to see it covers from shrub to trees to palms. :)

The InfiniTREE creator is a L-tree type one, so is very customizable, you can set the tree parts and see it grow in various randomized formations, the tree parts can be anything (as long as are parts that make sense to connect), so the only limitation is the L-tree structure (so lower sized branches will emerge from higher sized ones etc)

Let me know for more questions and details

6. Harekelas

Harekelas

@nasos_333
    Thank you for such a detailed answer!
    I'm using unity's physics to simulate individual tree's chopping and tree parts collection.
    Simply attach scripts to each part and use fixed joint to connect each part, then give a joint durability to see if we should destroy the joint component.
    Then I use unity's terrain tree for mass environment, and uNature to divide one terrain tile to 15 *15 sectors, and be able to access every terrain tree's transform. When player hit a terrain tree, I swap it into a prefab tree with code on it.
    The issue is uNature has it's own limitations with procedural terrains, the official integration seems has some barriers for now and my own solution is not quite satisfying.
    I'll try infiniTree when I got time to update my interactive foliage system. I probably need to recreate every tree again in this system, but with the given answers up there, I'll give it a try. And hopefully when I come back there will be more features in these assets :)

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

The issue with all optimization system is that as general rule you need the geometry to be one item to be on the faster side, thus you trade interactivity and possible overdraw in a big rigid model, thus you need LOD stages to reduce overdraw and grouping methods.

The tree system uses a local opening of the batched model and then the actual model is used to script which means you can essentially do anything to it, like push branches towards a direction, or chop them off etc and then when the interaction is done is reverted to the closed group using the original objects (with the modifications)

This has the drawback though that if a batch group has many trees, will be slower to open for interaction and batch after that (plus the local increase of the open group draw calls will also be bigger), so you need to balance the group size, so you still have big groups to reduce draw calls, but small enough to not notice a big spike in the interactive region.

The batching system is multithreaded, so will benefit as well if more cores-threads are available.

If you buy InfiniGRASS, i can also grand a InfiniTREE voucher for free if you would like to have both assets. I currently have an offer for Sky Master as well with every InfiniGRASS purshase, but i also have InfiniTREE vouchers as alternative.

8. Harekelas

Harekelas

That's a great offer!
    I'll consider it :)
    So I'll just PM you my order numberof infiniGrass after I buy it ;)

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, i have many InfiniTREE vouchers left, so is no issue to provide one.

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So i know you have your reasons for releasing updates not so fast anymore but reading about infintree 2 or 1.7 for a long time now like infinigrass. Will an update with new features and infinigrass adopted features come anytime soon?

Send a PM also.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

All work done on grass will also be used for the tree system, so working on one will also be applied to the other, in various major ways.

The pre-Beta of the grass system is available now, but i have got some feedback already and solved some Unity 5.6 related issues and now doing some more additions to help with the system usability and hopefully will have a new version of the pre-Beta early next week. I can send the current too, but wont work in Unity 5.6 out of the box.

Unfortunately Unity 5.6 introduced many core changes which had to be handled (plus handled for multiple versions, which makes it a lot harder and more complex), this creates extra development time that was not originally planned, i hope to have the system ready as soon as possible and will notify and send the new Beta version asap.

twobob likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A Unity 5+ (extracted from Unity 5.3.2f1) and a Unity 5.6+ version is now available for Google Drive download for all current users, on PM request (please include the invoice number).

These versions are adapted to Unity 5 and the latest Unity 5.6, for best result in the various Unity versions.

docsavage likes this.
  13. recon0303

recon0303

I have had this for awhile and only played around with it a bit.. can we use Speed Tree models for trees , plants etc? instead?

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system is like InfiniGRASS, anything can essentially be used, you will need manual work to create prefabs from Speedtree meshes though.

The procedure to do it is same as with the sample SpeedTree brush in ifniniGRASS.

15. recon0303

recon0303

Thanks.

16. plbliss81

plbliss81

Im building an open world game for the oculus go, its android based and so fairly restricted resources. I've tested most tree and grass systems i could find and this one definitely worked the best. Now I would like to use infinitree with mapmagic. But not sure how to proceed. I seen reference that it does work with it? Does anyone have any idea how to set this up? I tried dropping a prefab with the tree generator into an objects generator system, this did randomly place the trees but performance was terrible, it nearly crashed unity with only about 80 trees. Also is there anyway to billboard the trees when at a specific distance?

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

For massive placement at run time i recommend InfiniGRASS v2.0, which will be in Beat soon.

InfiniTREE main purpose is to create variant L-Trees and optimize them, but due to each tree be original takes up more ram and needs batching time if done in run time. You could do it by planting each tree group with a slight delay to avoid batching constantly, but InfiniGRASS v2.0 will use pooling which will avoid any RAM issues and is very fast and keeps the unique look by combining it with special placement techniques.

Another technique is to batch one model, export it whole and then use that for the brush, this reduces the tree complexity (but loose the L-Tree variance)

Also InfiniGRASS v2.0 has batched billboards which can be used for the LODs, which can also help in mobile case a lot.

InfiniTREE roadmap is to have similar pooling like InfiniGRASS eventually, but the focus is on dynamic and detailed trees and tree making (dynamic roots, branches etc) before that is done. Currently i have an offer with a cheaper upgrade path to InfiniGRASS too ($25) from InfiniTREE.

twobob likes this.
  18. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

A question about InfiniTREE and trees added to terrain. My game switches from first to third person; I need to add trees that, on switching to 3rd person, can become partially disabled (all except the trunk) so they don't interfere with the camera or selecting characters on the ground. For buildings I achieve this with a separate layer called "ceilings", can the whole treetop of an infinyTREE be added to a separate layer for this purpose? (Since Unity 2018 there is a terrain option to leave trees on the layer specified on the prefab, so they don't need to be in the terrain layer)

If this can be achieved, I'll happily become a customer of all your products.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is not supported out of the box, but is possible since the batched models are separate, but would need extra programming.

What is more possible is to assign a material to the leaves for example that uses a shader that goes transparent when camera is obscured, that would be more realistic, since would keep the tree leaves for trees that dont obscure vision and not disable everything. Though this is also not supported out of the box, but i could see if can program it fast and get back if you want to do like this.

20. docsavage

docsavage

Can't wait to see this. Keep us posted Nasos :)

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video showing basic planting by copy of the tree grower script, which can then be customized for each copy to give a different result.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dynamic branches WIP

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

March 2021 ARTnGAME big offers !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $5 for a limited time and to InfiniGRASS for only $15 !!!

Upgrade:
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS - $15.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Ethereal- $5.00

Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniTREE - Procedural Forest Creation & Optimization - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Advanced FX Creator - Decals, Particles, Radiosity & Splines - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Particle Dynamic Magic 2: Decal, Spline, AI Particles & dynamics - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Sun Shafts SRP Beta - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta - $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles - $5.00

InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $25.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  26. Recon03

Recon03

I own all of your assets, since early on, but Advance Creator FX. of you have any left? if not, no biggy. Thanks I have all of the others named for years now. if the Voucher is for InfiniTree, I already own it.

27. Recon03

Recon03

I had a thought, I do a lot of Photo scanning.. work and use Maya to do so. What you should consider, is being able to do what Speed tree is... Allowing InfiniTree to add, to a fbx of a scanned model as Speed tree does and make the rest so we can add seamlessly and dyamnic as Infinitree does but with and FBX... as seen here... I have yet to see any other tree tool come close.... if you are able to do what Speed tree can... you have a gold tool... You seem to be pretty much there, if you can add a scanned FBX as seen here.. Is this possible? I could send you a tree to play around with with out branches, if you wanted...... let me know if interested in this?

You will see how seamlessly you can add branches from a FBX scanned tree... That is what i'm talking about and would make INFINITREE, freaking fantastic, if you think you can do this???

They have another that can add knots to, fairly easily. Sad thing about Speed Tree is you can't sell your work at all, so it makes it nearly useless.. other than for game devs, which I used for years..

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i would suggest in this case to upgrade to Advanced fx creator, is currently only $3 from sky master ultimate, i can also lower to $1, let me know and will adjust asap.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

A system with spline based procudural tree creation is in the works, i think that one could be adapted to do something similar, but with extra work, though this would be a different asset, infiniTREE is focused on fully randomized L-trees, rather than tree sculpting or manual shaping.

30. Ricardo_77

Ricardo_77

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, will send in PM asap

32. Recon03

Recon03

No, not at all, yup I see that , sometimes Unity does not go through. ( I don't really need it, but since you where offering.:)

33. Recon03

Recon03

ya I used InfiniTree, and it don't fit my needs, I had hoped you possible could do that. No worries, I use only scanned data, as I sell a lot of this in the industry and use a lot. So, this is required for my work flow, I USE Maya, right now which works fine, but if we had access to Speed Tree, it would of been faster, so yours look like a possible chance to do this as well..

Oh well, it was worth asking. Thanks anyways.

nasos_333 likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hopefully will have a similar system in place soon, i am working on various methods that could allow that functionality currently.

Recon03 likes this.
  35. Recon03

Recon03

Ya, it looks to be, where you could add, what you already have with some of your tech already, which is why I brought it up, one of the closer ones that I seen that had it. That would be great one day .:)

Since you have the dynamic branches, that is pretty much all that is, it basically wielding those to the FBX that was scanned in. I do this by hand now. in Maya. and made a few scripts to auto wield them. They are adding a more procedural method..

Anyways, it would be awesome, one day if you could, since this is a very common method we use now a days, artist that is. Before I retired, I used to sell hundreds of trees, foliage from scanned Data. Some folks on the Asset store seem to sell some as well, they seem to be popular too.

nasos_333 likes this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is definitely a great idea and will try pursue asap for sure.

Recon03 likes this.
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE HDRP Version WIP, the system has been fully converted to HDRP and is now tested and tweaked.

The tree chopping system and demo have also been fully converted to HDRP version.

Sky Master ULTIMATE, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Spring SALE !!!!!!!!!! - Ethereal is a $5 upgrade, InfiniTREE a $9 upgrade and InfiniGRASS a $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE HDRP Version WIP, the system has been fully converted to HDRP and is now being tested and tweaked.

The advanced tree chopping system and demo have also been fully converted to HDRP version.

Sky Master ULTIMATE, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Spring SALE !!!!!!!!!! - Ethereal is a $5 upgrade, InfiniTREE a $9 upgrade and InfiniGRASS a $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have great news, i managed to get an attachment system working, so is closer to the system as described.

Now will be working on overriding the randomized L-Tree first branch with a controllable spline, for direct control of main branches and root bark.

Note this system is a new tree maker, so wont be part of InfiniTREE that is purpose is very different (optimize fully randomized L-trees), but as usual with all my related systems, will be at cheaper price as an upgrade to InfiniTREE.

Maybe i name the new asset InfiniTREE Pro, so the upgrade is in line with the tree system, this is TBD.

41. Recon03

Recon03

Ya, not a bad start at all. Basically as seen in Speed Tree, we basically just wield our scanned lower half, and add the upper half which is mainly branches and so forth, which is made in 3d.. most of the time. So having that procedural control and having it wield nicely procedurally would be a nice aim . Let me know, any progress.

Having procedural wield to a photometric scanned mesh, would be nice to have. 19 second and again at 41 seconds, is what i'm referring to. but ya not a bad start at all.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I think i can recreate most of that functionality now, i added a spline system to for direct control of the branching, now have to check on how to best handle the texturing and texture grab system.

Recon03 likes this.
  43. Recon03

Recon03

I have something I made, if you like I can share it. It smooths out that spline, adds scale /curvature and more control over the spline shapes etc as well. Unless you want to do your self. I would be happy to share. Anyways, looking great man..

I had started making something a while ago, you can draw splines to create pipes, roads, and splines to create different shapes, like you are sharing. The only part I never added yet, was to attack to the tree yet. but I do have the normals/verts and such added.

anyways looks good so far. if not I will wait until your done and put it on the store and add this functions to it. if you didn't want it. ( I have no plans to sell anything, I have a lot of tools I made over the year I just use in my games and have sold to some investors sometimes, other wise I have no desire since I retired so I would be happy to share this.. and you can do as you want with it....

I have something for the texturing, UV coords etc, if you like I will share it. I don't care if you sold it ..... or I can share privately how I did it.. up to you, let me know in a PM if you like either way.

Either way keep me informed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

The spline itself has all these :), thanks a lot for the offer :)

Is because i override the tree generator internal spline and low poly chosen in tree generation side that makes like that, i will post a photo soon with the increased detail

About the texturing for sure any help may be needed

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have done few changes and now can follow the spline better, creating a more detailed mesh, i post a sample of how the spline mesh generator works and how the tree generator increased detail. Note that the plan is to add support for adding a mesh by my mesh generator to the tree as well, besides the current override of the internal tree generator branch creator, for more versatility. Or add the functionality from the mesh generator directly to the branch creator, which is more proper generally, this is TBD.

Recon03 likes this.
  46. Recon03

Recon03

Ya the curvature looks a lot better. I would be sure to allow scale, changes at the nodes as well. In the future. The base for sure.

Your normals, I did the same thing awhile back, using draw gizmo's to be able to handle that. I added an extrude function. and a bender.

Its looking great though. The main thing is being able to attack those branches, procedurally, to the scanned meshes. In the future, and being able to draw the branches. I was adding a draw function ( which is easy to do) So when you say draw a curve, you are able to create the mesh after. Making it simple to add, make branches where you want.

Its looking great though so far.

I will send you the texture stuff privately in the next few days . I need to dig it up. off my server.

In that top pic there, where you added the spline, and you have the bottom half, did you use the spline to create the base as well, or is that added from a mesh??

Adding the spline to a mesh, is key. Having the normals which I see you have in the pic, but are you also exposing verts as well on the end of the branches, so that you are able to attach it easily to the mesh? say IE Tree Trunk.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, the system attaches the branch end part to the mesh, in fact can handle any mesh, not only this specific tree creator one, so essentially all the functionality mentioned is there, you could attach it to the photogrammetry mesh and you can control the branch with the spline fully as well, so all base is there, now only need add more options and refine.

E.g. currently the attachment is done only using the spline (or randomized) branch end points, this would be better if took also into account the segments a bit further away to ensure a more smooth result. The base is thus created by both the spline definition and the attached mesh vertices.

Recon03 likes this.
  48. Recon03

Recon03

Ya I seen that it can attach, what I prolly should of said, I would consider in the future, making it so that you can't see the seam from branches. and make it seamless, this is something that beat me up a bit . Attaching is normally not the issue, but it should after a time become one mesh, but editable.

anyways for that issue for smoothing,
    I will send you something for that to , to fix that.

Ya nice work, with time, refining it will all come together.

49. Recon03

Recon03

50. Recon03

Recon03

The image above, is the lower half two meshes that you made into one? I see the curve. for the top. Just curious if the bottom used to be a mesh by itself before. if so, can you detach it for a second ? in a screen shot