Search Unity

New autumn / summer tree pack.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fransh, May 13, 2011.

1. fransh

fransh

I noticed there are quite a view tree packages already on the Unity store. But I also noticed that for the normal tree packs the content was around 3 to 6 trees on average and the cost about 10 $.

For my last project I had to make a huge amount of tree's, and I decided to use that experience and put some on the store. You can find it under the name "Autumn and summer trees" in the asset store, I priced it at 5$.
    I did not make it 10$ like the rest, but I did thought it would be nice to get something in return for making this. So I placed it for 5$, if you buy this than you get 15 trees, and I... I will be able to buy my self a beer in the pub :D

It contains 15 trees all with their own material and bump maps. The normal trees are fully compatible with the terrain and I included 5 detailed tree's with their branches and barks detached, to give you more freedom in customizing the tree's to your liking. Each tree has a summer and an autumn texture.

Tri count varries between 600 to 1800 between models.

Also includes a shader that allows for double sided transparency, giving some nice full leaves without having to use double sided faces.

Since the setup for those tree's was that the could change between seasons easily, and to make each tree have more materials to change the look of the tree in a second, without actually changing the model. It is very easy to customise. Switching between seasons for the entire scene is about 1 to 2 minutes work, max. Here are some screens to show the effect, changing the scene from autumn to summer took me just over 1,5 minute.

I hope this package can be ussefull to someone.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. aixaix

aixaix

whow, thats one nice looking back! good work!

3. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

Those trees look great.

I personally think $5 is actually too low - some people may not buy the product because they equate price with quality. Odd, I know, but some quality products sell better when priced a bit higher. Although, at $5, what do you have to lose?

I noticed that there's a lack of young trees in the asset store.
    I want my forests to have young trees too, not just scaled down ones. I guess they would have fewer but larger branches and leaves.