Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets New Assets I am working on

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rohmer, Jan 11, 2020.

1. rohmer

rohmer

Greetings all,
    I am a life long programmer, and in a previous life actually worked closely with Unity Tech at a previous employer.

That being said, I have always wanted to create an Open Source RPG, maybe eventually MMORPG. That being said I have started working on it in earnest, and have some stuff to show for it.

My first area I am working on are a couple of tools to enable future tools that I am naming "DoneGEN", basically a tool to create content for an RPG.

First up:
    vNoise - Noise is a huge item in an procedural world, so I have created something simple to generate noise and then in turn use it in other places.

First capture attached is a simple example. Some of the features are:
    1. Many forms of base noise (Billow, Fractal, etc)
    2. Many many forms of modifiers (Add, Multiply, blend, blur, sharpen, edge detect, etc)
    3. Different builders (Planar, Cylinder, Cube, etc)
    4. Ability to generate textures and normals
    5. Output to a file of textures and normals
    6. Ability to generate materials from noise maps
    7. Ability to use said noise as an object in other projects (This will be used a lot in other projects for DoneGEN and beyond).

I am thinking I am going to do the following:
    1. Release it open source, so anyone that wants to use it can
    2. Release each of these modules on the asset store for 5 or 10 bucks so people can donate for their time if they so choose.

Ill eventually create a website with plans for the whole project so people can contribute as they see fit.

Attached Files: