Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New AssetBundle build system in Unity 5.0

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Deleted User, Jan 28, 2015.

1. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

According to Vincent's talk at Unite, both systems would coexist for a while at least, but the old way would probably eventually be removed.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Actually I did a test in the recent days, AssetBundle works with Sprite packer. The AssetBundle build pipeline can pick the right texture : the packed atlas or the original texture of the sprite.

One suggestion is you should set the sprites with same tag into the same AssetBundle, otherwise the atlas will be duplicated into all the related AssetBundles, just like the textures.

AND PLEASE do report any issue when you're using AssetBundle with sprite packer.

superpig and Gizmoi like this.
  3. Anozireth

Anozireth

I would like to second the request of having the master manifest file (AssetBundleManifest) include a mapping of asset paths to asset bundles. With the new system as it stands, we will have to generate and maintain a separate manifest for this of our own creation. Otherwise we don't have a way to know which asset bundle to load an asset from at runtime.

4. bsterling250DI

bsterling250DI

@Vincent Zhang : I just tried adding my project to Unity Cloud Build(https://build.cloud.unity3d.com), my project is built completely relying on asset bundles from the very beginning.

I added a pre-build step to my build that runs BuildScript.BuildAssetBundles, and it succeeds.

I can't access the bundles though afterwards, the Cloud web portal only has links to the .unity3d file. Can you talk with the Unity Cloud people about giving access to all the results of the build??

5. Anozireth

Anozireth

Running into a couple different issues now. When I call this:

AssetBundleManifest manifest = BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles(buildDirectory, BuildAssetBundleOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle | BuildAssetBundleOptions.AppendHashToAssetBundleName, platformTarget);

My bundles are built successfully, but my manifest object will be null. Not sure what I have to do to get that back.

I tried to get around this by creating an AssetBundle from the directory manifest and loading the AssetBundleManifest object out of it. That works, but when I call manifest.GetAssetBundleHash(fileName), I get the same hash value for each of my bundles. The value is wrong and doesn't correspond to the value appended to the filename by BuildAssetBundleOptions.AppendHashToAssetBundleName.

Here's some sample output that I generated:

Hash of clientdata_hitfxgroupdata_80361b1b69d3dcdbd5e527712ec7d890.unity3d is 60ddbf5fff7f00000800000000000000
    Hash of clientdata_locationdetailsdata_2d2af88976e81ec3fb330e55a78d7268.unity3d is 60ddbf5fff7f00000800000000000000
    Hash of clientdata_missiondata_5249a7848ce44b3d70e4720ba7c02355.unity3d is 60ddbf5fff7f00000800000000000000

etc... The code spitting this out looks like this:

foreach (FileInfo fileInfo in buildDirectory.GetFiles("*.unity3d"))
    {
    string fileName = Path.GetFileName(fileInfo.Name);
    Hash128 bundleHash = manifest.GetAssetBundleHash(fileName);
    logger.InfoFormat("Hash of {0} is {1}", fileName, bundleHash.ToString());
    }

The number appended to the filename agrees with the value in the .manifest file for that bundle, just not the one from AssetBundleManifest.GetAssetBundleHash(). I guess I could just parse it off the filename at this point, but that seems awfully fragile.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you please file a bug for it and let me know the bug id? Thanks.

7. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I also have the manifest returned as null in most cases. Although it seems that the manifest file is created. I just don't get a reference returned from the Build Pipeline.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you please open a bug for it? Thanks.

9. Anozireth

Anozireth

A little more time with the debugger and I think the problem is that Hash128.ToString() is unreliable. If I use the debugger or reflection to get the private values making up the hash (m_u32_0, m_u32_1, etc), those values change appropriately and are consistent with the hash appended to the file name. However, calling ToString on the Hash128 object seems to produce unreliable results.

I'm going to try to repro these issues in the sample project and work on filing bugs for each of these issues this morning.

10. Anozireth

Anozireth

I was able to reproduce both of these issues in the sample AssetBundle project. In doing so, I noticed that BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles only returns null if there were no bundles that needed to be built on an incremental build (output is "No asset bundle needs to be rebuilt for this build."). I would still expect it to return the manifest in that case. I filed this as bug #672126

The Hash128.ToString() issue has been filed as bug #672131

11. Anozireth

Anozireth

Also added another one around removing a bundle from the project and that bundle not being removed from the manifest by an incremental build (bug #672147):

Incremental AssetBundle builds do not account for removed bundles if nothing else changed.

When building AssetBundles, if you remove a bundle from the project entirely, it will still appear in the manifest after an incremental build if there are no other AssetBundle changes to build. Removing a bundle should always remove it from the manifest in the next build, even if there are no other changes.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for reporting them, I'll have a look.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, it's a bug. We will fix it.

14. alexusone

alexusone

as to API, is there way to build assetbudnled on linux enviroment? Basically to run dedicated linux server that can process assetbundling request? Somewhat like a cloud build?

15. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Not on Linux, no. You could use a Windows or OS X build server though.

16. alexusone

alexusone

ehh so sad :( Linux is best for cloud

17. Anozireth

Anozireth

I am running into an issue when trying to load my UI prefabs from AssetBundles. I am on RC2 and using LoadAsset to load the prefab. The error is this:

GameObject (named 'TitleScreen') references runtime script in scene file. Fixing!

These are fairly complex UI prefabs, and I've tried loading a couple different prefabs with the same result. I get that error once for each game object in the prefab with a MonoBehaviour on it. It doesn't really seem to matter what MonoBehaviour

These errors are preceded by several "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" errors, but the prefabs don't have any missing behaviours before they go into the AssetBundle.

I see someone here has a similar issue: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/assetbundle-loading-error.297663/

However, the indication in that thread is that there was an issue with LoadAssetAsync, but LoadAsset should work. Only it doesn't for me.

I have tried to reproduce this in the AssetBundle demo project, but haven't had any luck yet. I haven't submitted a bug because I don't have a good repro without sending along my multi-GB project. Perhaps someone at Unity has some insight into what condition causes this error to appear?

Thanks

18. Anozireth

Anozireth

I figured out that this only seems to happen if the AssetBundle is created through AssetBundle.CreateFromFile (not WWW). This allowed me to get a repro in the demo project, which I have submitted as bug #674181

19. goat

goat

Are asset bundles going to be in Unity 5 Free?

I ask because they are an important part of building collaborative games with community contributors

e.g. BlendSwap.org and various Blender communities, Autodesk 1234D and SketchBook communities and so on.

and also for selling advertising into one's game via inclusion of the advertising material in an asset bundle.

e.g. each year Ford makes available new vehicle models as advertising to be distributed via and are included viable and active asset bundles.

Of course the new networking features of Unity 5 will be crucial in that too.

Without assetbundles games will always be somewhat static and boring. They'll tend to be static imitations of those with deep pockets have to buy the market and not anything original.

I'm not suggesting this for my own benefit obviously, although I am too poor to afford all the Unity Pro or even one Unity Pro license, as a one man sporadic hobbyist I will always be extremely limited in using even what Unity Free already offers, but I'm suggesting it for the benefit of Unity as a company, their workers, and the potential for Unity to be used to built viable active game communities in comparison to the static game creation model now used.

Democratizing game development also means democratizing game content to be desirable from the perspective of the game players too. Minecraft didn't become popular based on a static game creation model; and LOL, my early enthrallment with the X System was primarily applying customizations to UI like I was applying makeup to an ugly computer monitor. Another computer date? Really? ;-P (just joking there, don't get too concerned)

20. cory_munky

cory_munky

Any time that I assign to assetImporter.assetBundleName the editor UI freezes permanently (RC2 & RC3). I have submitted a bug and Unity QA has confirmed repro.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. public class CrashyAssetImporter : AssetPostprocessor
    5. {
    6.     void OnPreprocessAudio()
    7.     {
    8.         assetImporter.assetBundleName = "foo";
    9.     }
    10. }
    Is the new asset bundle system working for anyone? Is this not how it works? Is there a work-around?

21. Anozireth

Anozireth

I have been able to set that field successfully. However, I am doing it at build time and not in an AssetPostProcessor.

Code (csharp):
    2.                AssetImporter importer = AssetImporter.GetAtPath(assetPath);
    3.                 if (importer != null)
    4.                 {
    5.                     if (importer.assetBundleName != curConfig.BundleNameU5)
    6.                     {
    7.                         importer.assetBundleName = curConfig.BundleNameU5;
    8.                     }
    9.                 }

22. outgoingnxt

outgoingnxt

upload_2015-2-26_0-42-26.png

what happens to the materials?
    version Unity 5r3

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Case No.?

24. elliots

elliots

This new system seems to be working quite well for us. What I would like however is a way to set the bundle name of an asset programmatically. We sometimes generate data files for associated assets, and currently I'm having to parse the .meta files and print a warning if the fields don't match. Then the developer has to change the bundle manually.

This would also allow us to set the bundle name from the parent directory.

25. Anozireth

Anozireth

You can already do this.

Code (csharp):
    2.                AssetImporter importer = AssetImporter.GetAtPath(assetPath);
    3.                if (importer != null)
    4.                {
    5.                    importer.assetBundleName = "bundle name";
    6.                }

elliots likes this.
  26. cory_munky

cory_munky

Case No: 674894

New Project.
    Add only the code in my comment above.
    Import an audio asset -> UI locks up.

Interestingly, it's not a complete freeze. The [File, Edit, Assets...] menu still works. If you click the UI nothing seems to happen. But, if you minimize & maximize the window, then you will see the result of your click go through.

27. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

assetImporter.assetBundleName="foo";

This will continously dirty the file.

Please only assign it if you actaully need to change it by comparing to the old value first.

28. elliots

elliots

Thanks. Was looking in AssetDatabase class for this..

29. cory_munky

cory_munky

I don't think that's the problem. At least I hope it's not the case that OnPreprocessAudio happens after import and can trigger a reimport. Maybe you are thinking of OnPostprocessAllAssets. I have definitely stumbled into infinite recursive reimports using that one.

If I was continuously dirtying the file, I would expect my preprocessor to be run repeatedly. Instead, with this new and improved preprocessor:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. public class CrashyAssetImporter : AssetPostprocessor
    5. {
    6.     void OnPreprocessAudio()
    7.     {
    8.         Debug.Log("assetBundleName = [" + assetImporter.assetBundleName + "]");
    9.         if (assetImporter.assetBundleName != "foo")
    10.             assetImporter.assetBundleName = "foo";
    11.     }
    12. }
    I get this for console output:

Code (CSharp):
    1. assetBundleName = []
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. CrashyAssetImporter:OnPreprocessAudio() (at Assets/Importer.cs:8)
    4. UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:PreprocessAudio(String)
    7. pAsset
    8. UnityEditor.AssetImporter:set_assetBundleName(String)
    9. CrashyAssetImporter:OnPreprocessAudio() (at Assets/Importer.cs:9)
    10. UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:PreprocessAudio(String)
    And, that's it. No repeats. The "pAsset" line looks like it's from an Assert(pAsset != null); if I were to guess.

30. bsterling250DI

bsterling250DI

I'm having an issue with the new Asset Bundle system in Unity 5 Beta RC3. Now before i present my question, I've been working with this very project in Unity 5 since beta 17 (4 weeks ago), and everything worked perfectly fine loading several different scenes and all of their dependencies right up until i made a change yesterday that broke them.

So please, only answer this question if you are working with the new Unity 5 Asset Bundle system provided by Vincent Zhang on the unity forums. I will ask this question there as well.

So my project has 3 scenes, (loader.unity, title.unity, and rink.unity).
    loader.unity is the only scene in the build settings, it is the first scene loaded. it has a single object in it that is marked for DontDestroyOnLoad. The loader object in that scene uses the LoadScenes script from the demo assets linked in this thread by Vincent Zhang http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/new-assetbundle-build-system-in-unity-5-0.293975/

It loads the second scene perfectly fine (title.unity) this scene just has a text field as a title for the project and a button to advance to the next scene.

when i press that button and load the third scene in the editor with "SimulateAssetBundles" turned on everything works just fine in the editor. and Everything worked fine up until yesterday as well.

Yesterday I got a new model from an artist for a new rink, i imported it into the scene and replaced a prototype i had built with ProBuilder since his was modeled in Maya and had perfectly accurate collision volumes and better materials.

This new model with new materials meant i had to adjust the lights in my scene, so I deleted the existing lights, and added 6 point lights similar to before, but different range and angle and intensity values.

Since there is high specularity on the ice material i wanted to see if i could add reflections, so i added reflection probes to the scene.

everything runs perfectly fine from the editor when i go from loader scene to title scene and play in rink scene and back to title scene. But when i do a build and it loads the rink scene i get this error in my logs and something strange happens.

starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkscene
    Couldn't open the cache file! URL: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkscene

I've checked that nothing is accessing the file on my filesystem maybe keeping it read/write locked. I've tried completely whiping my project and re-pulling from Git and even cloning into a completely different folder on my computer so its definitely not a problem with no being able to find/read the file.

I've tried it on a second computer and still have the same problem and the problem also occurs in Web Player Builds as well as standalone PC.

Reinstalling Unity, deleting my library and reimporting all my assets, clearing web cache all has no effect.

I'm assuming that something in the lighting changes or the reflections broke the scene and some part of those settings aren't properly in the assetbundle file.

here's the full output.log

--------------------------------------

Initialize engine version: 5.0.0f3 (b472b25463a4)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (ID=0x416)
    Vendor: Intel
    VRAM: 128 MB
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProBuilderCore.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProBuilderCore.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProBuilderMeshOps.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProBuilderMeshOps.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProCore.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\ProCore.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\SixBySeven.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\SixBySeven.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Rewired_Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\Rewired_Core.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.105 seconds
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0B85BE18 (this message is harmless)
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/Mono/data-0B85BE18.dll
    Non platform assembly: data-0B885558 (this message is harmless)
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/Mono/data-0B885558.dll
    Non platform assembly: data-03642020 (this message is harmless)
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/Mono/data-03642020.dll
    Platform assembly: D:\hockey\smashmouthhockey\SmashMouth\Smash Mouth Hockey_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 201c -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 20c4 -> priority: 1
    Start to load scene title at frame 3

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/titlescene
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesbluetexture
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesredtexture
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/soundfxmixer
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/boardsmaterial
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/mastersoundmixer
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/musictrack
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/boardsmaterial cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/1097cfd4ed72da3c833837a364aff73b9685f325
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesredtexture cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/dd1c6272b74d4b2c0f47d33fef3686331939c865
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/soundfxmixer cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/aac390ad5c870bfebde44819a26978f95dd034bf
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesbluetexture cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/5a3378bf86a6696b99a45c23524352a09228e877
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/boardsmaterial
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesbluetexture
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesredtexture
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/soundfxmixer
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/mastersoundmixer cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/32feea768cb3a81dc240aaec25edbf1d176b9502
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/mastersoundmixer
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/helmetmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/helmetmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/4d4e39f7bfde9e449b92064321b4581e6e13d746
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/helmetmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rollerbladeanims
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/stickmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/combatanims
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/stickmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/93e306bfd4a67fb7f59275f0ef276df822944e27
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/stickmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/padsmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buttonanimcontrol
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/addbeb7117c66016716775b986706c079b509dec
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesmodel
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/playeranimcontroller
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinktexture
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/titlecanvasprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/padsmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/b9e610874b8d0bd811a06872d792cd3dcebb00c0
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buttonanimcontrol cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/e0324af702d3031b16e5e8569a30e36ec6671aaa
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/padsmodel
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buttonanimcontrol
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/pucksounds
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rollerbladeanims cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/954b581fe2c37dff73b4fc251425768612bd5397
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rollerbladeanims
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dripsound
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/playeranimcontroller cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/ff1adb035138678e27d833b785d8e1e0f33b42aa
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/playeranimcontroller
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/medievilanims
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinktexture cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/7ab4bde241704ad64d8cd0b8ad99b905974f7a26
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/combatanims cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/7f42a010b3a325a92add388dc2de788801d9fae7
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/titlecanvasprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/859d825c6a340837c1249938d21c7132566e2d41
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/combatanims
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinktexture
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/titlecanvasprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/pucksounds cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/142ed85232f6b8b4fd08213f25cba318f39b67e7
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dripsound cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/5f945753735525ce223720ddefe75d3a561aecdc
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/pucksounds
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dripsound
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/musictrack cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/ab96872c052b5288e6589b92bde7fdf69aeece86
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/musictrack
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/medievilanims cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/900bc7fbc395dc5eace11da6e6fd60fbba304b83
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/medievilanims
    Finish loading scene title at frame 86

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

Start to load scene rink at frame 215

starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkscene
    Couldn't open the cache file! URL: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkscene

Finish loading scene rink at frame 220

starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/869226af3d6fa5bc36a8cc606d67841f2c36d03b
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkprefab
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesprefab
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamecontrollerprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/1262bff4d6099e1952a27eed38df005e2003236c
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/dimplesprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamecontrollerprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/b31940b89ceeee4f88293d0e9246ab2fd62811fa
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamecontrollerprefab
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/goalieprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/goalieprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/61940be90d34ba945bdd10fbf5c6af00d137d935
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/puckprefab
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/goalieprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/puckprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/f0e195062c79bfb26a33c2a94a39d60a0d7478b1
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/puckprefab
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buzzersound
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/crowdambiencesound
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buzzersound cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/2a20983a53f44fe1807785e3575956b641541375
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/buzzersound
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/crowdambiencesound cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/9aa09e7e8398377c8719f9ca72df4c80c44e074b
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/crowdambiencesound
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamestatemachine
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamestatemachine cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/a41bd379a771d910f82b100610731266915ceffc
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gamestatemachine
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/scoreboardsprite
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/nettexture
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netdiffusematerial
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/scoreboardsprite cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/76846fc0db206621e5792f5d3d243d9565e7d4c2
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/scoreboardsprite
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmaterial
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/nettexture cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/d49863793336391b0b29759771560bf9a3a0d2b1
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/nettexture
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkcanvasprefab
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netdiffusematerial cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/e7ea9e826c3537fe905c373ef36f2b18d25fdbb6
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netdiffusematerial
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/skatingsounds
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmaterial cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/23b5a4af0624f7f475f01bde74b673a90e50b153
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmaterial
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkcanvasprefab cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/9336273dc329ea68bb860c1178962a50dedb0b67
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkcanvasprefab
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gruntsounds
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/skatingsounds cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/d5ed52c6dab1894d997dcb9aad382abd5ae63211
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/skatingsounds
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/a57966374290bfda73cec4df8dd308b1d498eefd
    starting www download: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netcollisionmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gruntsounds cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/b5a98fd354ed8b567b53f3c52968b57ed768d602
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/gruntsounds
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/rinkmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/e900766a79666ec9e26293dc4d89f1100470a48a
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netmodel
    file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netcollisionmodel cached to C:/Users/Brian/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache/DefaultCompany_Smash Mouth Hockey/9f04c5f1ab665e5d67e62a634f45c732f8118c33
    loading from cache: file://D:/hockey/smashmouthhockey/SmashMouth/Smash Mouth Hockey_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/Windows/netcollisionmodel

31. captain_zero

captain_zero

I wrote some test code about assetbundle system.
    if attached some custom script component, unity report some red message when i load a bundle.
    then I accidently make the referenced material a bundle, the error is gone.
    I think it must be a bug.

[EDIT]

This thread is now OBSOLETE!

Please visit this page for up-to-date details.
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/...undles-and-assetbundle-manager?playlist=17117

To discuss this topic, please use this thread:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/the-assetbundle-manager-tutorial-q-a.354400/#post-2325204

[/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015