Search Unity

New Asset Store web site checkout hangs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syscrusher, Jan 31, 2018.

1. syscrusher

syscrusher

I've observed this during the beta but thought it was a development artifact, but now that the Asset Store new version is live, it's still present.

If I put one or more items in my shopping cart, then try to checkout, the Checkout Now button hangs endlessly. I've let it go for several minutes. My network connection is a 48 megabit hardwired Ethernet, and other things are running at normal speed.

This is with Chrome Version 64.0.3282.119 (just updated tonight) on Windows 10 64-bit, as well as version 63.something before the update. The problem repeats for me 100% of the time on the new store, but the old store works correctly 100% of the time. The problem persists across a system reboot of my client.

Is this function working for others in Chrome 64-bit on Windows?

2. roykoma

roykoma

Got the same problem in firefox and had to switch back to the old store because of that.

Think I heard people complain about this before, so we're not alone.

A shame that they couldn't fix the most important feature of the store ("buying") in the six months of beta.

3. KarlGG

KarlGG

They haven't fixed sorting wishlists or anything else I've seen people complaining about since the very beginning, so I'm not sure why it's even live. At this rate I don't want to see it at all.

4. lazypug

lazypug

How can you release a product that does not work properly on the browser with the biggest user base?
    In fact how can you release something that does not work?

5. Innovine

Innovine

Broken for me when purchasing an asset yesterday. After confirming my credit card details and clicking Purchase, it shows "Bad gateway" and sat forever loading. I did receive an email a minute later saying I'd purchased the asset, but it is a very uncomfortable place for the system to break.

6. engri

engri

it doesnt work for me on neither Chrome nor Opera. I guess it is not just problem with one browser. Firefox finally made it possible. Unity devs are incompetent, because purchasing is the most important thing. How can it not work? Appalling.

7. jamesewelch

jamesewelch

Doesn't work well for me either. Using latest Chrome, latest Windows. The old asset store works great and it's 10x faster with page loading than the new asset store.

I sent Unity Support an email about the poor performance (page would hang and cause my browser to crash, overall slowness, couldn't look at screenshots, etc.) on new store a few days ago. Got automated response. I then followed up saying the Unity Connect didn't work either and they replied saying "Good to hear everything is working now."

You can still use the old store at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/

8. KarlGG

KarlGG

Every time they offer a link to "news" on the front of the asset store, it switches you to the beta crap again. Just to make sure you keep getting stuck with it no matter how often you turn it off again.