Search Unity

New Asset-store tools difficulty

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Redz0ne, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Hi, I'm trying to upload a package however the new version is mystifying me a little bit here.

When I load it up, all I now see are the four steps. Select a package, select assets folder, select main assets and upload package. It is showing the others I have done before but since this is a new package, it isn't giving me an option (that I can see) on how to either upload a new one or to use the draft version I had previously. (the only options are three others that are not this one and "Untitled - Draft" which doesn't show anything.

The tools version is 4.0.1 and I'm using Unity 4.5.4p2 if that helps.

Is this just a little hitch in the update process or is there something I'm missing?

rakkarage likes this.
  2. mgear

mgear

I think you have to do it online now (was mentioned somewhere),
    "Create new package" in the packages page.

3. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Aaaah, yeah I see it now on the publisher page! Thank you very much!

4. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Aaah, well, that's lovely... Now the uploader is stalling out (and soaking up all the CPU's resources) at 0%.

Is it just a busy time or is it possible there's a hitch that's getting in the way?

The process goes smoothly for the first few steps. I tell it what folder to use, it compiles the package and then goes to the uploading progress bar... But that's when it soaks up the CPU resources (leading my fan to whir quite loudly since it seems to be overtaxed) and sits there. I've had it there for around 45 minutes or so (based on this comment and the last one made) and no progress.

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I cant figure out how to change the price of the asset

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  6. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Looks like it might have just been a busy day. It's apparently uploading now (Though I did have to reboot the computer so that might be a factor involved.)

Thank you in any case!

7. mgear

mgear

uhm, just updated asset store tool and now it won't allow uploading update to existing package (all the buttons are grayed out..)

8. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

I have the same problem... how do I update an existing asset?
    Should I create a new package and signal that it's an update by name collision??? Seems weird. I would have to recreate all the metadata manually as well???

9. opsive

opsive

Go to the publisher's page and create a new draft of your package. Once you create the draft you'll then be able to upload a new version using Asset Store Tools. Instead of editing the metadata within the Asset Store Tools window you now edit all of the meta data within the publisher's page on the web. You also submit your asset through the publisher's page.

10. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

So this is actually the process? Name collide your asset, and recreate all the metadata? Every time?
    I'm sorry to ask, but I still find this a bit more cumbersome than what is likely.

11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

What you have to go to new draft

12. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

So, the problem with the new draft is that it's not connected to the old one in any way that I know, and it doesn't have the metadata of the old package.

13. opsive

opsive

You have to create a new draft of your existing package -

1. Go to https://publisher.assetstore.unity3d.com/packages.html
    2. Click on the name of the package that you want to update
    3. On the bottom right of the page there is a "Create New Draft" button - click on it
    4. All of your previous metadata is saved. You should then edit any of the metadata for the new version. At the minimum you should change the version number and update the change list
    5. Upload your a new version of your package using Asset Store Tools. You should be able to select your existing package now that you have created a draft of it
    6. Go back to the publisher page on the web and on the bottom right is a checkbox that says "I own the rights to sell these assets". After you select that you can then click "Submit package for approval"

canis and mgear like this.
  14. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

Ah... now I get it. Thank you!

15. xelvod

xelvod

How to upload new asset to asset store?
    In Unity editor (Asset Store Tool) all 3 buttons are grayed out. On my publisher menu i only see delete draft.
    What is going on...!? This looks like total mess.

16. xelvod

xelvod

I waited for 10 min and now button is not grayed anymore...seams i will manage to upload.

17. xelvod

xelvod

Hmm...upload stuck on 1%. Tried many times but nothing works.
    I have Unity 5.0.1f1 version and i don't have any problems with internet connection.