Search Unity

New Asset Store (assetstore.unity.com) is Horrible

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowell, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Rowell

Rowell

Please give me access back to assetstore.unity3d.com and stop forwarding me to the new format store...it's terrible.

edub101 likes this.
  2. edub101

edub101

I 100% agree, and I am not one who typically resists change. Designing a page that is frequently-accesses by desktop computer to behave like a mobile app, with tiny scrolling bars that display almost nothing, is a great way to have assets in the store go unviewed by a potential customer.

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i 100% agree as well.
    it is really slow.
    it hides important information and needs a second click to make them show up.
    they have completely changed the access: from pull (show latest, best selling or top grossing) they changed it to push like editor's pick.
    it is a horror.
    and as bad as the attempt to relaunch the forums.

4. wood333

wood333

I find the new format obstructs my use of the asset store rather than assists me. In fact, the last few changes to the store format have all made it more difficult to navigate and consider asset purchases. It's gone from a clean display of useful information to scrolling and flashy screens that only detract from the store experience.

Just an annoyance and disappointment. Please roll it back.

EDIT: Features of the asset store that I used daily are broken or not going to be reimplemented. Especially frustrating are highlighted text that are supposed to be links, that don't work at all.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  5. skytow2003

skytow2003

I second all that has been written. I want to add that I find a lot of useful assets with the Latest section. I am most interested in Editor Extensions and Scripting assets and almost daily open the store and check the Latest tab for both of these. There is no way in the new store to find out which assets have just been added.
    The latest trend (my bank's site did the same) to create sites that are hybrid Desktop/Mobile is horrendous. The two experiences cannot be the same and when I want to find assets in a Library of assets I don't do it on a mobile device.
    Please, never eliminate the old store !

6. Janne-L

Janne-L

Now it's even worse.