Search Unity

New animator system

Discussion in 'Animation' started by RiokuTheSlayer, Mar 19, 2015.

1. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

I'm having so many problems >.<

Okay, so I have 4 .fbx files, made in blender. Each one has an animation attached to it.

I dragged the Idle animation into the world, then created a new animator and an animator controller. I attached those to the new object, then went into the Controller. In the controller, I dragged each .fbx file into the controller, and linked them up.

I know the animations play, I watched the controller while actively playing the game, but the object itself remains idle. They are all set up to use the Idle's Avatar, and they work in the previews and everything.

The Animator Controller is just set up with a few bools that specify what animation it's playing (walking, jumping, running)

If you need, I'll post the project myself. This method worked before, along with the simple animator.play(), which gives me an error now (Playing a state called "Walk" with the Walk state existing gives me an error saying invalid index and at the same time telling me the walk state doesn't exist.)

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Nanako

Nanako

if you're animating named child objects, make sure your objects in unity have the same names

3. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

I'll check that, but there's only two objects (The armature and the mesh), and they where exported from the same base .blend file so they should be the same.