Search Unity

Question New 2020.1.9f URP project full of errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DeloitteCam, Oct 17, 2020.

1. DeloitteCam

DeloitteCam

THis is what I get from a clean new 2020.1.9f URP project

All shaders pointing to Hidden/internalerrorshader
    8 identical console errors about an unknown importer (see image )
    Package manager has errors for every single package saying the following:

An error occurred (you do not have entitlements for this package.). See console for more details.

The console only has the 8 identical errors. If I close the project and try to re-open it from the Unity Hub the Unity process aborts during the unity splash image - never renders the window.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2020.1.9 to no avail. I have also tried 2020.2 beta and get exactly the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

upload_2020-10-17_14-6-14.png

2. DeloitteCam

DeloitteCam

After messing around for several hours this morning creating and remove projects, Unity HUB eventually complained that my licence was invalid, so I logged in via the web portal, revoked the licence attached to my machine and reactivated, now everything seems fine.

In the future it would be good if:
    A) It was more obvious this was a licence issue (console message in unity would be good).
    B) Unity hub didn't discard licence details yet let me keep creating projects for an hour.
    C) I didn't have to log into the web portal to manually revoke a seat then type the code in again. I'm already authenticated, just throw up a prompt asking if I want to overwrite the oldest seat with the current machine and let me get to work faster please.

Thanks.

3. Fgermain

Fgermain

Thanks for saving me hours here :) This was the issue !