Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New 2017 LTS version, timeline and audiosource problem

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Suduckgames, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Hi there.

I have update from 2017.4.14f1 version to 2017.4.23f1 and I have a problem with the timeline and audiosource

Now, when I play a timeline a get a warning ( and some times the audio get bugged)

Code (CSharp):
    1. Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
    After some investigation, I have issolate the issue in a new project

New project > create a gameobject with a playable director > add audio track > right click add from audio clip ( and select one audio clip) > create another gameobject with audiosource component and add it to the audio track (This step add the warning stated on play) > Enter play mode and play the timeline ( you will see the warning)

I have tested in 2 differents pc and I have the same problem. Also, I have tryed it in android and windows plataform. Anyone is experience the same problem? Is there any workaround for this?

Since this is affecting sometimes the audio in the editor, It is safe to assume that this is not a problem on the final build?

Edit: I am not using jobs, so I assume it is an internal problem

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

3. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

If the warning only displays once, and and is not-spamming, then it is most likely not going to be a problem in the final build.

4. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Thank you for the answer.

The warning appears several times.

There is my test:

Play the same timeline 10 times > 5 warnings. As you play it more times it is less likely to make the warning appear.

However, playing another timeline give the warning again.

It seems that every timeline needs to be played severals times to "stop" throwing the warning. My game uses timelines to switch between menu transitions, and I have more than 15 timelines.

Since I am developing for android and there is a limit usage of RAM, I don't want to upload a version that leaks memory.

Should I sumbit a bug report?

5. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, please submit a bug report.

I believe you should be safe to build a new version. The memory that is leaking is still most likely getting reclaimed, as long as the warning only occurs when starting a timeline, not repeated when playing one.