Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. mait76

mait76

Hi,

Is USK compatible with Universal RP (URP)?

I'm running Unity 2019.3.15f1 with a URP setup. I've created ground and put my character. I even upgraded project materials to URP. Everything is colorful and lovely.

The moment I import USK into my project, all objects in the scene turned pink. I tried to upgrade the project material again, but that didn't solve the issue.

Any solution or suggestion?

Thanks.

2. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Yes, USK should work with the URP. Please give me some time to check that.

[UPD] It works well with the URP ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. mait76

mait76

============================================================

Any clue why all materials in the scene turn pink the moment I install USK?

Can you at least demonstrate/write steps on how to set up USK correctly with URP? (I might be missing something)

thanks.

4. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Oh, I think the Grid shader isn't suitable for URP, please try to change it...
    If you have any trouble with that, let me know and I'll send you an instruction

Btw, in the next version, we'll remove all incompatible shaders

5. danieljordanoff

danieljordanoff

Hi! After the new character is created, it cannot move, can only rotate the camera around with the mouse. How to get around this?

6. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    Could you send a video, please?

7. danieljordanoff

danieljordanoff

No worries, my bad, thanks for your input though

8. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Gerc Studio,

Your asset is really great.Thanks for everything.

But i have a problrm.I tried a free humanoid character from asset store(https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/man-in-a-suit-51662).

Creation is great.But when i tried to assign to my character an existing weapon of your examples - shutgon and submachine gun-

But Character is not holding the guns properly. Weapons are looking at wrong direction and character's arm looks weird when holding weapons. can you make an example character (Man in a suit - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/man-in-a-suit-51662) with your existing guns?

Thanks in advance.

King regards.

9. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

I'm really glad that you like USK :)

Have you tried to use the IK system to adjust hands positions and rotations? If not, try to do that (also, watch the tutorial on adjusting weapons - link)

If after that you still have this issue, let me know

10. egem2015

egem2015

Hi i followed your tut video.BUt there is no chance.i couldn't create my character properly.

can you make a tut video with this "man in a suit" character?can you assign your existing weapons to this character?

thanks in advance.

King regards.

11. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

The principle of creating and adjusting a character is absolutely the same for any model. What you see in the video tutorials is what you should do.

So if you have any trouble with that (I still don't understand which ones), send me a video, please. In this case, I'll tell you what you're doing wrong ;)

12. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

Hey, your in development roadmap looks very exciting. When can i expect the next update with AI for multiplayer, private room and level system :)

13. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    Private game rooms will be added this week. AI for the multiplayer mode and the level system will be released in August.

LOKIIStudios likes this.
  14. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

15. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

A small update with bug fixes is already in the store!

Also, we've added one important feature :D

blood splatter example.png

arikasses likes this.
  16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This asset looks very interesting. I had a question and a couple comments.

Considering how your Game Manager works (drag and dropping your enemies into the editor slots and how the spawn settings are set) would your asset work well with an infinite procedurally generated game? So when my sections are generated (the previous sections are destroyed) I'd have different types of enemies (appropriate for the newly generated section) with the enemies pre-spawned (that's part of the generation process.) Do you see any issues with this?

Also, I'd love to see vehicles supported (player getting in\out (just a basic version of that), driving it and health on the vehicle affected by being shot, running out of gas.) I did see something on your roadmap regarding vehicles so that would be a great feature to look forward to.

Also, although understandably not a real focus of this asset, it doesn't look like it would be difficult to add support for supporting shields along with one or two handed sword. It would be cool to see but I understand you may not what to include that.

17. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Steven,

Glad you're interested in this :)

No, I don't see any issues. You'll need to change a few lines in the Game Manager script to make it work with a procedurally generated scene. But it's not difficult, and if you need, I'll help ;)

Yes, a few integrations will be added in autumn

I think it won't be easy and many elements need to be changed...

StevenPicard likes this.
  18. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's really good news. I'm going to pick this up. That last comment about swords and shields was just something I threw out there in case it were easy enough to add. Otherwise, just keep this focused then.

19. rohitpradeep

rohitpradeep

Hi Vadim,
    Hope all is well !
    I have been reading through the forum & roadmap, and pretty impressed with what you have planned for the asset.
    Have a few questions before considering purchase, hope you can reply in detail..
    1. The AI system seems very interesting & robust... can the melee AI be configured to have different hit reaction animations for both weapons & unarmed? say if the player punches left & right and then kicks results in corresponding reaction animations on the AI ?
    2. Do you have plans to add an alert system to the AI, such that if one AI sees or hears the player a message is send out to enemies near by as well to attack player ?
    3. Is there a throw system for melee weapons such as knife that sticks to the AI ?
    4. I see you have a cover system planned for the player, do you have any plans for ledge climb system in future ?
    5. I could not find a ladder climb system, do you have plans for this ?
    6. Can the weapons like shotgun or rifle be uses as a melee weapon to hit the AI ?
    7. For AI during the wait times at a waypoint, is it possible to add a specific animation ?

There is a huge potential for this asset to be at the top, as very few TPC have a proper native multiplayer support and AI package integrated.
    Look forward to hear from you.
    Thanks,
    Rohit

20. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Rohit,
    First of all, I'm sorry for the long response time! I'm glad you're interested in our kit and I'll try to answer your questions...

1. There isn't this feature, but it's not hard to add it (if necessary, I can help with that).
    2. Yes, we plan to upgrade the AI system and add the feature you're talking about.
    3. Unfortunately no, there isn't.
    4,5. Yes, we also plan to add these features later and an agility system too.
    6. Yes, they can be used.
    7. Yes, it's possible.

If you have any other questions about USK, I'll be happy to answer them ;)

21. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

Hello VadimGerc,

Loving your latest August update. Great improvements and Private room Add-on. Are you planning the release of AI multiplayer bot this month ?

VadimGerc likes this.
  22. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    No, they will be added later in the fall.

23. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

StevenPicard likes this.
  24. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello
    I have a question about the asset. Is it possible to get high-resolution weapon models and other opponents models with better resolution? If so, what would they cost?

Greeting, Andreas

25. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi Andreas,
    You can take any models of characters and weapons from the store or any other place and easily use them with our kit ;)

26. grionseengel

grionseengel

Thank you for the fast answer.

How can I replace one enemy prefab with another? Can you give me a hint?

Greetings Andreas

27. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, of course! It's very easy to do - follow this manual or see a video tutorial. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know ;)

28. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello

Thank you very much for the tutorial. However, I have problems with a model. I can't create this as Enemy. I can assign the animations. However, the model does not move. The model also does not respond to shots.
    I tried everything for about two days now, but I can't create the Monster model as a working Enemy.
    Maybe it's because of the model. Can you help me? Can I send you the model as a file?

Greeting, Andreas

29. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, no problem. Send your model by email (gercstudio@gmail.com) and I'll check it...

30. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello

thank you for the help. However, I have already made it a little further.

I now have two more questions.

1. How can I create the player to start without weapons?
    2. My opponents are attacking. But they don't distribute any damage. I use Melee.

Thank you for your help.

Greeting, Andreas

31. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Just remove all weapons from the Inventory Manager script.

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 22.37.56.png

Try to increase the size of damage colliders.

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 22.40.08.png

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  32. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello

Thank you for the info.

However, I have had a new problem since yesterday. The asset worked completely flawlessly until yesterday. Now I wanted to try out your hints and now I get the following error. I posted it as an attachment.
    I completely reinstalled my Unity with version 2019.4.12f1. no other assets are installed only the FPS asset.
    I restarted Unity after installation but to no avail. The demo level runs without problems but via Tools - USK -Adjust I get the error message.

Setting the parent of a transform which resides in a Prefab Asset is disabled to prevent data corruption (GameObject: 'Character Cursor').
    UnityEngine.Transform:SetParent(Transform)
    GercStudio.USK.Scripts.Helper:NewCanvas(String, Transform) (at Assets/Universal Shooter Kit/Tools/Scripts/_Helpers/Helper.cs:1708)
    GercStudio.USK.Scripts.Controller:CreateNewBlip() (at Assets/Universal Shooter Kit/Main Scripts/Controller/Controller.cs:793)
    GercStudio.USK.Scripts.Controller:Update() (at Assets/Universal Shooter Kit/Main Scripts/Controller/Controller.cs:600)

Can you help me?
    Greeting, Andreas

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  33. grionseengel

grionseengel

Ok, a test with a newly installed Unity 2018.427f1 also results in this error. The asset does not run correctly on both versions.

34. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hm, that's strange... Please give me some time to investigate the problem.

[Update]
    Good news - we fixed this issue and now you can download a new version from the store (please note: this version has the same number 1.6.4, but you should still see the Update button).
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 16.20.39.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  35. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Mine seems to run OK.. but in 2019.3 & 2019.4 I get the same error.. picks up stuff, but no weapon in Tab-INventory, nor by pressing 1,2,3,4. A bunch of console errors too when it starts. I tried adjusting the line endings, but that didn't help. I like this asset, and want for it to work badly! This is the freshest USK downloaded tonight. I downloaded it again, and no help.

36. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

That's our small mistake... So sorry about that!

To solve it, remove all empty scripts (+ the CharacteSync script) from the character prefab (see the pics below). And after this step, everything will work well.
    pic 2.png pic 1.png

37. alex_1302

alex_1302

Hi. First of all, congratulations for this asset, it is really amazing. I know how hard can be to make a good fpc, and yours is excellent, making possible to work with it in multiplayer. I am very interested in adquiring it, to my current project which is very advanced, but i am not very happy with the fpc that am using at this time in my project, and i think that with something like your asset i could get the desire quality that i want, but i have only one problem: my project is working with a networking library called tnet 3, and i am using it sucessfully to sync all moveable characters (robots, ships, animals, players, doors, ...). in tnet 3 you only pay the use license, and you dontt need to pay nothing more. you have ilimited users, and is very very fast and lighweight, and is very easy to understand (it took me only 3 weeks to begin to programming my own scripts with it), it is capable of supporting more than 100 concurrent users, and you have complete control on the server. So my big question is: Is possible to port your character controller to tnet 3 ? i am really interested in your asset, but i need it work with tnet 3.

I Hope you are well, and thanks in advance.

38. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Alex,

I'm so happy to see that you're interested in USK and like it! :rolleyes:

Regarding your big question, I can't say for sure, but think it's possible... If you take a character and try to synchronize it using the 'tnet', you'll get some kind of result and it should work... But again, I can't say for sure because it also depends on other things, your programming skills for example. But you can be sure of one thing, from my side I'll definitely provide you with all the information you need ;)

39. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi !

Does it support the WebGL ?

40. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hey,
    Yes, it supports WebGL builds

41. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

It's strange when i build it for WebGl he infinite load and do nothing or i got out of memory error. Can you tell me how you build it ? Thanks you :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  42. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hmm, that's weird... Please give me some time to investigate it closer o_O

Black_Raptor likes this.
  43. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Vadim,

How are you? i hope you are doing fine.

i sent a mail to you 3 days ago and i know you are su busy in this sale period.

But can you look at it? aa2060

thanks in advance.

King Regards.

44. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Sorry, but there are no new messages from you o_O

Attached Files:

45. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Vadim,

i have now sent again.

can you look at it?

thanks in advance.

King Regards.

46. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

@egem2015 yes, now I see the message
    Please give me some time to answer it :)

47. egem2015

egem2015

Ok.No problem.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

48. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello again,
    I have one more question - what platform are you using (Win or Mac) and which Unity and USK version?

49. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Vadim,

i sent a mail to you yesterday for my project . did you recieve it?

King Regards

50. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Already answered ;)