Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. unicat

unicat

Done :)

2. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, this kit works with moving platforms.

After update with AI, we’ll update the weapons system, also add a bow and arrows ;)

And thank you for the review :)

3. unicat

unicat

Thanks, a last question for now. Is it possible to turn the crosshair off if using no weapon?

4. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

This isn't available now, but we'll add this feature in the next update.

5. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

6. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

New update looks cool! Before I buy, I just want to see if any RPG elements are planned (level up/exp, loot, armor, etc) and a battle royale mode.

7. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello!
    Yes, we will add some RPG elements later ;)

8. noobynobody

noobynobody

Hey everyone, I just filled out the form http://bit.ly/aiQuestion to help the developers know what kind of AI system we want. My idea is to make a Ready system like Emerald AI, but be able to adjust the behavior using visual scripting. For type of enemies I said fantasy monsters which is pretty broad. Basically AI that can use swords, archery, and spells (dragon breathing fire can fall under this category). The idea is to take Eliot AI and Emerald AI, and fuse them together. Let me know what you think.

9. noobynobody

noobynobody

Looking at the Trello, I just want to say that Multiplayer chat and Graphic improvement of models aren't as important to me, since we can use Discord for chatting, and most people replace the graphics anyways. I think the priorities should be game mechanics / systems, especially because we have to make our game first, then think about multiplayer communication. Perhaps we can vote on this.

Also, I think you can tell that a lot of people want RPG elements. This is because RPG shooters (Borderlands) are usually more popular these days than games like Call of Duty, which seems to be your focus.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. noobynobody

noobynobody

I think you should improve the demo scene. The demo scene is usually what people first look at, and should show what the asset is currently capable of. My first impression was bad - the guns weren't aligned properly, the movement was sluggish, and walking straight is not straight (moved slightly to the left). So if anyone asks for a refund, it's probably because of that.

Attached Files:

• usk2.PNG
      usk2.PNG
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
  11. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello, I'm so sorry for the long response time, we had problems with an internet connection.
    Thank you for giving feedback on the future AI system. Obviously, you gave us something to think about.

What you say about our kit is very useful, and I'll talk about it with the team. And yes, we'll add some RPG elements later. ;)

About the demo - you are right, and now we're creating an entirely new demo scene, do not worry.

12. noobynobody

noobynobody

Sounds good. Also, since nobody's mentioned it, I want to propose a shop system. But please make it flexible, because some people won't be using it like a traditional shop (ex. going up to an NPC and buying something). For example I want to use it like this
    . Basically I want to be able to purchase guns, ammo, and upgrade weapons. It'll probably be nice to make a whole separate upgrade system since that's a core RPG element as well.

I used the asset last night. Great work on the Inspector -- very organized and intuitive. Character needs a lot of polishing though. Could you post somewhere the bugs / problems you are aware of, so when we report problems it won't be a repeat of something you know already?

KokonutKrab and leandrovtd like this.
  13. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Shop, levels, rank system, weapon customization, etc - that's all we're going for. Gradually we'll add all these features.

About bugs, you are right - we should do it. For now, you can email us about them. We'll see what we can do with that.

noobynobody likes this.
  14. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

It’s just our new video :)

15. noobynobody

noobynobody

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  16. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

So sorry, I didn't understand your question or claim.

You don't need to animate weapons. It is enough to have an animated character (for example, to take our animations and your character), or buy a ready-made one in the store and add a weapon to them. If you have problems with that, we'll help.

17. noobynobody

noobynobody

Maybe I'm underestimating the capabilities of USK. You mean I could use any gun and it'll work? Does the gun need to be rigged, or are transforms enough? As far as I know, reload animations are quite complicated.

18. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, you can add any weapon, and it'll work, you only need a model, nothing more. Please watch our video tutorials or read the manual, it’s shown there.

Yes, with the reload animation harder - better if each weapon has it. But the rest is simple and clear.

noobynobody likes this.
  19. noobynobody

noobynobody

Here's what I got
    . It was very fun to set up.
    I'll list my problems:
    1) Reload sound doesn't match animation
    2) When shooting while aiming down sights, the sights become misaligned. Might be good for realism, but I want my bullet to go where my aim is at.
    3) Reloading when aiming down sights causes weird behavior of the arm. Pressing the ADS button brings it back to normal.
    4) Pressing reload will continue to play reload audio during reload.

Some questions / ways to improve:
    1) Is it possible to attach magazine transform to hand when it reloads?
    2) How can I prevent the clipping of the gun stock when reloading? I already turned down the camera near clipping.
    3) How can I make the aiming down sights in first person be like the image attached? If I bring the gun closer to the camera, it just clips the gun.
    4) How do I set up the pause menu and state, because Esc isn't doing anything during play mode?

Edit:
    some extra footage. Also, should I be worried about the errors and warning?

Attached Files:

20. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Don't worry about warnings. This problem is due to different versions of the Editor, we'll fix that in the next update.

You can do it now, but it's difficult - we'll simplify that in the next updates.

You can use other reload sound that suits you best.

About other issues - please tell your e-mail and we'll contact you immediately, or just email us (gercstudio@gmail.com). It is a more convenient and faster way to solve your problems.

21. noobynobody

noobynobody

Ok, I will. I thought my questions were pretty general so the answers would help multiple people at once. What should I be using the forum for, if you prefer using email for support?

22. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

The forum is for simple and quick questions. For more detailed support we use email.
    But yes, you are right; these answers can help some people. So if you want, we can continue to communicate here.

23. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Before we can help you, please specify what you mean in these points:
    (And please send the screenshots again, current images are not displayed)

Better if you send a video or some screenshots, so we better understand your issues.

We are waiting for your reply here or by email :)

This is odd. Check if you have GameManger enabled. And check the pause button in [Edit -> Projects Settings -> USK Inputs ].

24. noobynobody

noobynobody

Ah, I don't have the Game Manager GameObject. I didn't see how to set that up in the videos / docs.

I've attached the PNG again. This is for the question: 3) How can I make the aiming down sights in first person be like the image attached? If I bring the gun closer to the camera, it just clips the gun.

For the videos, maybe the forum thinks the links are spam. I will put both links here again without the formatting:
    streamable.com/kqjwp
    streamable.com/g1ch9
    I based my questions off of those videos, so when you watch them, you should understand.

Attached Files:

25. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Thanks for your answer. Please give us some time so that we can investigate your issues.

[Updated]

We've written about that here.

I don't see what the problem is. You can adjust the weapon as close as you want.

Also, you can use your image as a scope texture (read more here).

I'm sorry that you have problems with this kit. These are our issues; we will fix them in the next update, please don't worry.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    noobynobody likes this.
  26. thealexguy1

thealexguy1

Hi I am loving this kit so far for my FPS game, (really glad you fixed that crazy arm bug in the recent update!) however I am having just a few issues with it.
    Firstly, like in the videos noobynobody posted above, the gun moves around too much for me in the animations. I just want the gun to be still in its pointing towards crosshair position and maybe only move up and down slightly whilst running (instead of pointing right down like it does). When you aim down the sight it slowly sways but I just want this to be frozen and not move at all. Aiming is toggled by right click, and I want right click to be held to aim and let go to go out of aiming mode. Also is there any way to adjust the position of hands for the reload animations? I really want to use the reload animations however they can be misaligned depending on the weapon size.
    Another thing is how the inventory system works. I want items that are picked up to just be put in the next available slot instead of a pre-allocated one and I don't want multiple items in the same slot at all. If all 8 slots are taken the player won't be able to pick up any more items. I also want first aid kits to go into one of the 8 slots too instead of their own seperate spot. Another feature I would like added is to adjust the amount of time it takes to pick up an item, instead of picking it up instantly I would like to have a little loading bar appear whilst holding down the E key and it taking a couple of seconds.
    I figured I may have to code some of this myself but just wondering if there was an easier way to do it or if you are planning on adding any of these features in the near future.
    Cheers

27. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello! I’m glad you like our kit!

Please give us some time so that we can investigate your issues. I'll get back to you with solutions ;)

thealexguy1 likes this.
  28. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

You can change move and run animations in the WeaponController script.

When aiming, the idle animation is played (the same as in the norm view), We're going to improve animator controller in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You also can change a reload animation in the WeaponController script.

We'll add this feature in the next update. But I can show you how to do that right now, just let me know.

All these features we're going to add soon (I think in the next update). These will be parameters in a script that you can configure as you need. Also, we'll add a "little loading bar", don't worry ;)

thealexguy1 likes this.
  29. thealexguy1

thealexguy1

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my comment. I shall look forward to the next update then, do you know roughly how long it will take to come out?

30. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I can't say for sure, but we're doing our best to release it faster :)

Also, may I ask you to support us by writing a review in the Asset Store? This is very important for us!

31. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, will you add a save system?

32. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello!
    Yes, we'll add the save system later.
    Also soon we'll publish information about near updates ;)

33. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hey VadimGerc,
    your asset looks very promising.
    I'm look forward to the VR mode! (I haven't seen a good first person full body VR implementation yet.)
    A question ... are you planning a ladder climbing mode?
    Best
    Max

34. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Max!
    We're glad you like our kit :)
    I've recently talked about this feature with the team and I think, we'll add that in the next updates.

sjm-tech likes this.
  35. lolaswift

lolaswift

"Roadmap" link on the bottom of your asset description is broken

36. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello!
    Oh, we didn’t notice that before.
    Thank you for telling us, we’ll fixed that.

37. lolaswift

lolaswift

You're welcome. Just bought the asset. Why it's so slow? The character moves almost like slow motion. I'm running it on my Mac Pro. Same environment used for my other games. 70-150 fps

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  38. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

It’s weird. Please send us a video (by email gercstudio@gmail.com), so we better understand your issue. And don’t worry, we’ll help you ;)

39. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Also please answer a few questions:
    1) Is this frame rate constant?
    2) If the first answer is no, when does the frame rate drop?
    3) What is the frame rate in our demo scene?

40. lolaswift

lolaswift

Hi VadimGerc, first of all, thank you very much for your quick help.
    1) Yes, constant. 36-38 fps
    2)
    3) Demo scene has the same 36-38 fps

I liked how easy it was to just drop the character and enemies into my scene and it just worked. I want to make survival shooting games for mobile platforms.

Someone else commented above also mentioned that demo scene was sluggish

41. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm glad to help you :)
    And one more question. Please disable all enemies in the scene, and tell me the frame rate.

I remember that. We'll create the new demo scene soon.

42. lolaswift

lolaswift

And one more question. Please disable all enemies in the scene, and tell me the frame rate.

90-120 fps :)
    Looks like it was because of the robot model

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  43. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

That's what I thought, the problem is in enemies. I'm so sorry about that :(
    Right now we're creating the new AI system, there won't be this bug, I promise.

44. lolaswift

lolaswift

Thank you VadimGerc. With an attitude like this, no doubt your asset will be a big success. Please never forget where you started. Keep good support and the success of the asset will go bigger. I didn't buy https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/third-person-cover-shooter-template-88424 because although it's a relatively more mature asset but I got no response of emails I sent.

45. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm glad to see you write that. Helping users will always be very important to us! ;)
    In case you keep having any problems, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help.

46. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

One more thing, if you like our kit, may I ask you to support us by writing a review in the Asset Store?

And I wish you success in the development of your games! :)

47. lolaswift

lolaswift

Sure I will do that.

48. lolaswift

lolaswift

noob question. I was trying to create a player using the Unity Kyle robot. When adjusting player position, there is no way to adjust the legs. So my robot has become a cripple. What should I do?

Attached Files:

49. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Did you adjust the height of the character?

50. lolaswift

lolaswift

Many thanks VadimGerc. Sorry just noticed that it's in the documentation.

VadimGerc likes this.