Search Unity

NetXr - a free, input device agnostic, networked, vr interaction library

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ludos, Jun 1, 2018.

1. ludos

ludos

Hi,

I have been working on a research project for over a year, which required a networked library for interactions in VR. The research project is a collaborative environment to create music in virtual reality. A video of our first concert can be watched here:

I have invested some more time into the library and separated it from the complete project. Also i worked on some examples that show how to use it.

We started the project using VRTK, however i was unable to add networking to it. Lots of design decisions were coming from it, while also trying to create a system that can be used (mostly) equal from Desktop (mouse), VR-Gaze and VR with room scale controllers. Another focus of the library was to be able to test quickly. Great effort went into making UI interactions possible by just using our own EventSystem override.

GitHub:
    https://github.com/ludos1978/NetXr

I had to ignore some parts when uploading it to the github repo. So i am not completely sure it will run out of the box. You will need to download SteamVR from the Asset store for sure. I would be interested to get some feedback on the project.