Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question "NetworkTransform" component does not match the documentations component.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by CBPreft, Nov 6, 2021.

1. CBPreft

CBPreft

I have started dabbling in adding multiplayer to my game, so I headed over to check out some tutorials. I came across this: Unity Multiplayer Networking | Unity Multiplayer Networking (unity3d.com) on Unity's page. I started doing the tutorial, and got really excited because I was understanding everything, and the flow made sense. Then I hit a roadblock. My components did not seem to match. This is my "NetworkTransform" (attached labeled "Mine"), and this is the tutorials "NetworkTransform" (attached as "Tutorials"). I am using unity 2020.3.21f1, and all of my packages are up to date. To continue onto the next step of the tutorial, I need to add this transform to my gamobject, and run the client to have it spin in a circle. It currently spins violently, not matching the tutorials example.

Tutorials:
    good.PNG
    Mine:
    networktranformbad.PNG

2. Check what Unity version and Networking package (and its version) the tutorial is using and use the same ones to follow it.

3. CBPreft

CBPreft

I updated it to Unity 2021.2.1f1, but the same problem still occurs

4. CBPreft

CBPreft

I resolved the problem. It has been update, and this is the new component for the networkTransform. The documentation has not been updated yet.

Sightwalker likes this.