Search Unity

NetworkManager source?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by KungFooMasta, Aug 22, 2015.

1. KungFooMasta

KungFooMasta

I have read in these forums that the NetworkManager is not needed, I can work with the NetworkServer and NetworkClient directly. However from the assembly viewer I can see the NetworkManager does many things, some of which I might want to implement and understand. In the viewer I see many members and properties and I have no idea how they are being used, for examples: LogFilterLevel, QoS channels, how changing scenes happens. (s_LoadingSceneAsync) I believe its better for my needs if I more closely manage my client and server in separate wrapper classes, but I want to make sure I'm not missing some critical role the NetworkManager plays. Is there a way to view the source for this class?

Also, what is the NetworkScene class, I don't see it in assembly browser but I know its being used to register prefabs, who knows what else.. likely spawning.

2. Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior

I also was interested in taking a closer look at the NetworkManager source, so I used ILSpy to view it. Very useful tool!

KungFooMasta likes this.
  3. Jay-Pavlina

Jay-Pavlina

It would be very useful if Unity would open source some of the high level API, especially NetworkManager, NetworkLobbyManager, and NetworkLobbyPlayer. I don't want to be using any of those classes, but since I don't know exactly what they do, I can't replace them.

KungFooMasta likes this.
  4. SuperNeon

SuperNeon

I read it is planned to be public on bitbucket. wait and see !
    As Iron-Warrior said, you can still use ILSpy to read the source.