Search Unity

Question networking

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by azerty25, Oct 25, 2020.

1. azerty25

azerty25

Hello,
    First of all I'm french and new to Unity so excuse me for my language, maybe not appropriate.
    Here is my problem:
    I created a very simple multiplayer game where players are cylinders and can move around. I used mirror for multiplayer and it works because the two instances open on my pc are well synchronized. Now I would like to be able to put it online so that anyone can access the site with a url. Having a free "orange" server I tried to export my project in webgl and move the files on it but when I launch the page I can only connect as a client and the message "webglcannot be server "is poster. I also tried to use unity servers which I did not fully understand how it works, but I get the "UPID" but I don't know what to do with it next !!! How can other people access my project from this?
    My goal is therefore to play with friends on projects that I have created but I can not put my project online in an accessible way.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. FakeByte

FakeByte

I am not an expert with mirror, but as far as I know it supports multiple transports and some of them might not support WebGL.
    Could you tell us which transport you used?

3. azerty25

azerty25

I used the "telepathy" transport but don't you think the problem is with the webgl? Doesn't "WebGl cannot be server" mean that I have to use something else?

4. FakeByte

FakeByte