Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking presentation and sample project

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by seanr, Jun 9, 2015.

1. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

This is a link to the Unite 2014 presentation on the new multiplayer networking system. This is a little old, but still a good overview and walk-through of using UNet.

The sample project from the presentation is attached.

Attached Files:

2. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I can't get it to work on Android. I downloaded the project and changed the ID to my Cloud Project ID. It works on the PC with the Editor installed. When I build a standalone and try it somewhere else (other PC) it doesn't work. When I build for Android and try to run it it doesn't work. This is what I get on Android:

Am I doing something wrong?

3. gilead

gilead

4. RMDKmatt

RMDKmatt

I am also having the same problem dariuszpietrala . Tried all the projects posted on the forums. Also went through the UNET tutorials on youtube. If only it was as simple as creating a project in the Unity cloud then pasting the Cloud project Id into one of the sample projects!

Hopefully this gets fixed in the next patch .

Has anyone got the new Unity 5.1 Multiplayer features connecting multiple computers over the Internet?

lliviu likes this.
  5. lliviu

lliviu

Same problem here. Can not create a room, or connect to a room from another PC or android.
    Same error with FAILURE Returned from server: Failed CreateMatch for appId=Invalid .

Also, I had to check "Local player authority", so that the client would be able to move (when testing on the same computer)

6. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

Could you show us how to sync the thrusters? The problem has been plaguing me for two days now.

7. FreeGameDev

FreeGameDev

At 1:00:36 in the video it talks about physics being synced and working out of the box. How is this done? I have a ridgidbody2d ball in the scene that can be pushed fine with the host. But the client hits it and it barely moves. Can you explain how to get the physics working and syncing for all client and server?
    Thanks