Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking: feedback and questions

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by BHouse, Sep 13, 2018.

1. jackt_unity

jackt_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Pophl,

We suggest that for situations like this, you keep your current UNET code for this project, rather than trying to switch over to the new library. If you are starting a new project, then the new library is the way to go, but for existing projects which are planning to ship in the next 12 months, it would be better to simply use the existing code you have.

2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Kirsche and Gorkadread like this.
  3. virgilcwyile

virgilcwyile

So i went into Services>Multiplayer then it took me to this(Attached) screen which shows UNet Deprecated. Can some one point me to a good video tutorial or text tutorial for new Multiplayer System. And does it have a name for which I should search online. I want to start a MMO from scratch using New Multiplayer System.

Attached Files:

4. timjohansson

timjohansson

Unity Technologies

Right now we have two separate repos, one internal and one public. We want to move everything to the public one, but we need to solve a few technical issues before we can do that, one example is our CI which only works on the internal repo right now. Until we can get that solved we will at least try to be more open about what we are currently working on with some public roadmap, we are trying to figure out a good way to shared it.

Since the initial release we have been working on networking pipelines which we will use to add reliability and other features to the transport. We are planning to push an updated version to the public repo once that is merged the master of the internal repo. I can unfortunately not give a hard date for when that will be right now.

Kirsche likes this.