Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Networking Example

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by PhilipV, Apr 13, 2009.

1. PhilipV

PhilipV

I have lately ben playing around with the networking example project, and have just been able to test it inside a lan, and I was wondering if it would work for a general internet non-lan connection.
    Looking at the code, it should, but i am not sure, so I decided to ask...

Also, are we allowed to use the unity's master server for testing purposes?

Philip

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

There is nothing that prevents the network example to work over the internet so yupp will work :)

As for the master server: yes its possible to use it for testing purpose. when you do a game using it heavily thought its recommend to host an own one.

3. donlien

donlien

Dear Philip:

I am sorry for bother you.

But I've big problem with running network's example recently, and seeking the solution for a while.

Could you please be so kind to help me to make this example work? :wink:

I've tried it on Windows Vista x64 in LAN, it could run something, but can NOT connect to another computer.

And our Unity version is 2.5, trial.

I've followed supervisor's instruction to disable All anti-virus software, Firewall and allow TCP/UDP communication, but it just does NOT work (connection). :cry:

This is my question thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=22326

Would you please tell me how could you make it work? Do you use MAC or PC? :?:

Thank you very much!! :wink: