Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NetworkIdentity gameobject is getting disabled on remote client

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by isidro02139, Jul 25, 2016.

1. isidro02139

isidro02139

Hello unet community :D

I have a gameobject in my Online scene with a networkIdentity attach and LocalPlayerAuthority checked (image attached below).

When I start a 1v1 battle and the scene is loaded, the game object is enabled for the local client but is disabled for the remote client. According to the docs:

"When building the game all the scene objects with network identities are disabled. When the client connects to the server the server tells the client which scene objects should be enabled and what their most up to date state information is through spawn messages." Is there something fundamental about the network architecture here that I am not grasping? Is it possible the remote client is not "connecting" with the server yet the onlice scene is being loaded? I basically reuse the custom NetworkLobbyManager from the Network Meteoroid sample.

Cheers!
    Arun

EDIT: nevermind folks the behaviour is as expected, but can't delete this thread (yet) since there are no replies, just move along nothing to see here, these are not the droids etc. :oops:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. xmanreturn

xmanreturn

Hi, I am facing the same problem, the scene objects should be enabled when remote client player joins the game, however they are not..
    I don't know what I've done to cause the problem, but I can't figure out the cause; btw why is the behavior "as expected"? for the scene objects should be enabled automatically, aren't they?