Search Unity

Networked Multiplayer [Electroserver5]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by _joseph, Mar 12, 2012.

1. _joseph

_joseph

Greetings aspiring developers!

Background:

As of early last year I moved from Portland Oregon, to California where I received most of my sophomore level computer science classes - which was great. Since I had graduated high school in Oregon, I was not eligible for the AB-540 form (otherwise I would of provided my high school transcript to immediately register). I thought, well, I do not want my computer science to go to waste, "so lets try and code a video game".

So here it is, about one year later:

Web Player:

spellstorm-realms.co.cc

It is a multiplayer, but more of a demonstration actually. Since no one plays it, one needs to run two or more instances to hit and kill or resurrect the other remote player.

There are 4 professions to choose from:

Mage, Archmage, Mystic, and Cleric - each unique in their own regard. There are not any projectiles or ballistics for the Cleric due to time constraints and there are only three environments.

Concept:

The concept of the game is that there are two teams: the Dragon Shrine and the Phoenix Shrine. Each user joins a team of their choice limited by a maximum of 2, 4, 6 or 8 players. Each match lasts a maximum of 20, 30 or 40 minutes. There are 6 Nodes that can be biased either red (toward the Dragon) or blue (toward the Phoenix). Players that are on opposite teams can hit and kill each other. When they do this they gain experience and receive a logging statement just above the chatbox. Clerics can heal and resurrect members of their own team. Teams without Clerics are subject to tapping and receive a experience penalty as a result. When one team has biased and destroyed the other teams shrine and remains at full capacity for 30 seconds, the match ends and that team will be acknowledged as the victors.

Initial Steps:

1) Create an account by providing a username and password
    2) To create a character, double click one of the three buttons
    3) Activate the text field to name your character by pressing tab
    4) The "TAVERN" and "OPTIONS" buttons will then become selectable
    5) In the tavern create a match, and select a team to join the match

The game in its entirety uses three plugin extensions, the electroserver api, java server side source code and C# and JS for the client side.

If anyone would like to collaborate I am willing to release most of the code.

Thanks,

Joseph
    Independent Game Developer
    spellstorms@hotmail.com
    spellstorm-realms.co.cc

2. _joseph

_joseph

Bump.

Again, I am trying to recruit developers for this type of game.

And if anyone gets a constant "Approved" message after clicking OK, that is a bug with the Database Plugin Extension. Keep clicking Ok until you get in.

Joseph
    Computer Science Student
    www.spellstorm-realms.co.cc

Thank you