Search Unity

Networked Moving Platforms

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SrBilyon, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

Starting off, I'm using Photon.

Basically, I have moving objects (such as an elevator going up and down) with a trigger on it.

I have a semi-authoritative setup with my game. When a player jumps on an object from their client that has a trigger, the character becomes parented to it (on the client's side only).

However, on the other clients, once that object moves (such as the elevator going up), the player's position updates later than the moving object, thus giving the appearance that he is falling through or lagging behind.

Both the elevator object and player have PhotonViews and their position/rotate is dictated by the Master client.

I have given both the player and object interpolation, and I assume that might be one of the problems, but I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

I suppose in a nutshell, I would like to be able to parent a player to a moving object, and not have it looking like the player is lagging on the platform while its moving.

3. boudinov

boudinov

Hei,
    How did you end up solving this problem because i am wandering just the same for my game:D