Search Unity

NetworkClient.Connect suddenly only works on localhost?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by erikcerini, Sep 28, 2017.

1. erikcerini

erikcerini

Hey, friends! Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm like really stressing out because of a deadline I have coming up.

So, I'm making a mobile game in which players are able to interact with the people in their physical location and everything has been more or less going smoothly. A few bumps here and there because it's our first time working with UNET, but yeah.

I followed some tutorials and set up the Network Connection and it worked great! But recently, I've been working with UI in the game and suddenly none of the networking will work between different devices?

We have 3 different devices that we can test on (Two phones and one laptop), and none of them have the ability to connect to each other. However, if I use my laptop with an Emulator and try to communicate between instances, it works perfectly.

We've used a bunch of print statement debugging and we've determined that the NetworkClient.Connect() function isn't... well, connecting.

We've tried rolling back to previous builds in which everything works fine, but no dice.

If anybody has any ideas as to what could be wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to debug this for the past 4 hours ^^:

If you need any further info, please let me know!

2. erikcerini

erikcerini

Deleted the Library folder and rebuilt it on a whim and everything worked perfectly.
    Weird. Don't understand why, but whatever.

Thanks to anyone who thought about helping ^^;

3. unidad2pete

unidad2pete

4. Deleted User

Deleted User