Search Unity

Question Networkanimator not syncing blendtrees

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by randany, Mar 24, 2022.

1. randany

randany

Hello there,

I have an issue where animations are not replicated to clients or vice versa. I've narrowed down the problem to blend trees in the animator. It works fine if I remove the blend tree and replace it by nodes, but this I don't want. Are blend trees intended as non functional in this or am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice!

2. UnkelRambo

UnkelRambo

Oh thank you for pointing this out! I've been pulling my hair out this morning trying to figure out why my animations aren't syncing anymore. Let me verify this is my issue...

3. UnkelRambo

UnkelRambo

Confirmed. Changed the third person starter asset from using the "Idle Walk Run Blend" blend tree state to individual states fixed this for me. Though I am seeing some popping on the client transitioning from the Walk state into the Idle state, something I'm not seeing on the host.

This might be OK for me since I was planning on driving all animations client-side anyway, but it would be swell if blend tree syncing worked over the wire. My +1, thanks for finding this OP :)

4. Ishnubarak

Ishnubarak

UnkelRambo likes this.
  5. UnkelRambo

UnkelRambo

I ended up moving away from AnimationController entirely and am using the Animancer plugin. Suits my needs much more nicely, and the state that I need to replicate is tiny compared to the amount of data replicated via NetworkAnimator.

Might not be an ideal solution for all, but so far it's 10/10 for me ^_^