Search Unity

NetworkAnimator not playing at the same rate on server and client

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jdcart23, Jan 18, 2018.

1. jdcart23

jdcart23

I have a very simple state machine with a sub-state machine that handles a bunch of idle animations in it.

Since this project that I’m working on is very simple, it doesn’t require me to have a fancy state machine— i just have a few states playing sequentially without any parameters managing the transitions between one state and the next. The problem is that when these idle animations play, the movement in the client and the server is not the same, they are playing at different rate.

I tried fixing this issue by adding parameters to the transitions but it didn’t make any difference. I found that setting the transition time at 0 makes the animations play correctly on server and client, however, I obviously lose the blending between the animations.

I don’t know if this is a bug with the network animator, the animator controller, or I’m just doing something wrong. Is my understanding that the network animator only syncs parameters, however, even when adding parameters, the animations are not synchronized properly. I’m assuming because of the different update rates in the applications, since they run in different computers, the animations will get updated at a different rate.

Any help would be much appreciated.