Search Unity

Question Network Manager XRI Player Prefab spawn says Missing XR Interaction manager on both controllers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jamesbaug, Aug 6, 2022.

1. jamesbaug

jamesbaug

I am working on a very basic 4 scene project using Unity 2022.1..11f1 with Netcode for Gameobjects 1.0.0R with XR Interaction toolkit player prefab as my Network Manager Player prefab. I am using the Unity Bite size samples scripts from 'Invaders' SceneTranitionManager.cs, LobbyControl.cs, MenuControl.cs scripts almost verbatim with XR UI Button menu Canvas for the Start Host/Client menu which works fine.

The problem I have is when I start a Host from the menu, the XRI Player Prefab that gets spawned can see the scene via Open XR Camera correctly, but the controllers both say - Missing (XR Interaction Manager) under the XRRaycaster component.
    unity xr interaction manager missing error.JPG

I also notice that the player prefab that gets spawned for a client is also controlled only by the host, when the host player moves, the client player moves in synch and the client also is missing the XR Interaction manager.

This makes me wonder if the XRI Player Prefab cannot be spawned correctly by Network Manager vs. a non-XR Interaction Toolkit prefab (which seems to work correctly when I test and I need this to work for VR..).
    Was not sure if I should have posted this in the Multiplayer forum or the XR forum.

2. jamesbaug

jamesbaug

I can drag the XR Interaction manager while PIE is running to make the controllers work but that doesn't help with the Host Prefab controlling the client prefab movements.