Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Network Lobby Manager Spawn Selected Prefab for Client

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Eiseno, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Eiseno

Eiseno

Hi,
    I want make each client can select their player prefab in lobby and when game start i want instantiate selected prefab for client.I define varible in LobbyManager but its not working.Its always same with host.How can i make this ?

Edit: I solved with this code.But i dont know is it good or bad way.

Code (CSharp):
    1.   public override bool OnLobbyServerSceneLoadedForPlayer(GameObject lobbyPlayer, GameObject gamePlayer)
    2.         {
    3.             //This hook allows you to apply state data from the lobby-player to the game-player
    4.             //just subclass "LobbyHook" and add it to the lobby object.
    6.             if (_lobbyHooks)
    7.                 _lobbyHooks.OnLobbyServerSceneLoadedForPlayer(this, lobbyPlayer, gamePlayer);
    9.             int prefabIndex = lobbyPlayer.GetComponent<LobbyPlayer>().prefabIndex;
    10.             Debug.LogError("Prefab Index:" + spawnPrefabs[prefabIndex].name);
    12.             GameObject playerPrefab = (GameObject)Instantiate(spawnPrefabs[prefabIndex]);
    13.             //gamePlayer = playerPrefab;
    14.           //  NetworkServer.Spawn(playerPrefab);
    15.             NetworkServer.AddPlayerForConnection(
    16.                 lobbyPlayer.GetComponent<NetworkIdentity>().connectionToClient, playerPrefab,(short)Random.Range(0,32));
    17.             return true;
    18.         }

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. J-F

J-F

Thanks for this, but when i use this method it spawns two playerobjects per client.
    Any way to fix that?

3. KevinHagen

KevinHagen

Hey Dude I dont know if your problem is still recent or if youre still interested in this topic, but I have found a viable solution for that problem.

Documentation links:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Networking.NetworkLobbyManager.html (useful overview)
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptRefe...bbyManager.OnLobbyServerCreateGamePlayer.html (the method to use)
    The API doesnt get into too much detail but it was enough for me to figure out how it works. Below is a blog post by a guy who had a similiar problem and gives some more explanatory.

https://abrgame.blogspot.de/2016/01...fferent-player.html?showComment=1467227533786

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me! :)

4. kelkelsoh

kelkelsoh

Sorry to bumb an old thread! But I was following the link in the blogspot and found implemented it into my LobbyManager. But I encountered a weird error where it throws a weird outofrange error when trying to get the prefabs from spawnprefabs[]. Have checked that I added the relevant prefabs in the spawnable section, so kinda at a lost now :/ hope someone can help!

unityunity