Search Unity

network for tic tac toe game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by seifelden, Dec 18, 2017.

1. seifelden

seifelden

i build the tic tac toe game supported by unity and i want to extend it by making it a multiplayer game using socket io but i don't know where to start

2. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

3. methos5k

methos5k

I agree that a networking game is better attempted when you have some good experience in coding.

When/ if you want to try, I believe that Unity's HLAPI (high level API) for networking could assist you. There are many introduction manuals and tutorials that you could use.
    Luckily, you have a fairly reasonable goal in mind for your first multiplayer. Tic tac toe is very simple, so I would say it's not that scarey, provided you are comfortable with coding to some degree.

I'm not super familiar with Unity's networking HLAPI but I have read about it a number of times, and I believe getting that game working with it wouldn't be too hard.

Good luck :)

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Having extensively used both the Unity HLAPI and Photon Unity Networking (PUN), I can say that PUN will almost certainly be easier to get on with.

The current state of the HLAPI and its lack of support/development make it frustrating and overly difficult to work with.