Search Unity

Network crash

Discussion in 'Android' started by returnString, Aug 31, 2012.

1. returnString

returnString

Yeah, haven't got much of a description for this one :/

Background: it's a cross-platform project (Win/Mac/Android/iOS) where the only real difference is the control scheme for each platform. Any platform can host a game, and all platforms can join as clients. The host runs all the AI (using the A* pathfinding project) and transmits AI positions to clients using the NetworkInterpolatedTransform sample script. All this works swimmingly testing from, say, the editor and a web player. That said...

Whenever I instantiate any AI with an Android client either connected or hosting the game, I get 2 Sending generic initial state update, broadcast on, view ID 'Allocated ID: x' messages, followed by a crash; specifically:

A/libc(23383): Fatal signal 7 (SIGBUS) at 0x00000000 (code=128)

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever as to what's going on here. Anyone got any pointers? :)

Oh and if it helps, here's the entire log leading up to the crash. The "EnableOneShotClient" RPC is the call that starts the spawning on the server:

Edit: One other thing, it all runs fine on Android if no other players are connected. This leads me to believe it's an RPC issue, but I don't get any errors, just the crash.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012