Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Network.bindings.dll error

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by mharris161, Nov 1, 2018.

1. mharris161

mharris161

So I followed the instructions on the GitHub page and am receiving an error when I click the green Start button. I was hoping someone could help me get around this as I'm not sure how to fix it. Both windows appear as mentioned but in the game window a console displays with an error:

Failed to load '...AutoBuild/AutoBuild_Data/Plugins/network.bindings.dll', expected x86 architecture, but was x64 architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x86 architecture.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and my build platform is set to x86 Windows. Was wondering if anyone could help me get around this. I can't find a plugin for 'network.bindings.dll' inside of the Unity assets folder or referenced in the code anywhere.

I tried deleting the AutoBuild_Data folder and then running All [Force] and Build Game again but that did not solve the issue for me.

Attached is a screenshot of the full error.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Bruno2907

Bruno2907

I was having this error too, it seems that this project only work on 64bit so you must change your settings.
    Go to "File > Build Settings..." and change your architecture to x86_64.
    Don't forget to make a new build.

mharris161 likes this.
  3. mharris161

mharris161

Thank you! That solved it.
    Not sure why I didn't think about that myself when I was messing with the build platform. Seems obvious now.

unityunity