Search Unity

Netcode Performance Toolkit - 30% off for the first 7 days!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OscarSalandin, Dec 16, 2022.

1. OscarSalandin

OscarSalandin

Reduce your network usage today!
    Analyze each and every byte you serialize with Netcode for Gameobjects.
    Send less data using optimized types. Have more players, objects, and more stable network performance.

I built these tools to improve performance in my physics-based, multiplayer game, helping me cut my network usage to 1/3 of what it was, so I hope you can make similar gains.

Available now on the Asset Store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/netcode-performance-toolkit-239356

Simple to use tools for profiling and reducing your network serialization usage in NetworkBehaviours for Unity Netcode for GameObjects custom NetworkBehaviours.

Netcode Performance Toolkit has 2 parts:
    - The Netcode Serialization Profiler lets you measure and analyse your serialization usage in-depth, and monitor it as you optimise.
    - The Netcode Types and Serialization Functions let you send data with fewer bytes.

Optimised network usage enables you to send more messages, have a more complex multiplayer world, improve your game's performance on low bandwidth networks, and reduce network infrastructure costs.

I'm starting this post for support, feedback and discussion for the tools.

CodeSmile likes this.
  2. OscarSalandin

OscarSalandin

I've created a tutorial for this to help anyone get started with the tools and some tricks to optimize performance: