Search Unity

Netcode for GameObjects v1.2.0 does not showup in Package Manager of Unity v2022.2.0

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by TheCaveOfWonders, Dec 11, 2022.

1. TheCaveOfWonders

TheCaveOfWonders

In the Netcode for GameObjects documentation and on github, it doesn't say that it supports unity 2022, not sure if that's simply a documentation miss or not. I've been using Netcode for GameObjects with unity 2022 for a while now with no issues.

Since v1.1.0 I've been unable to update Netcode for GameObjects from the package manager. Before v1.1.0 I was able to.
    To get v1.1.0 I need to install a newer unity 2022, once I did that the Netcode for GameObjects v1.1.0 came with that newer unity version.

Now I'm facing the same problem with Netcode for GameObjects v1.2.0, except I'm already on the latest unity 2022 version (2022.2.0). So how do i get Netcode for GameObjects v1.2.0 and is it supported for unity 2022 ?

2. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi @TheCaveOfWonders !

It's just a miss, we're updating the documentation.

In general, when a package is released/updated it takes some days for it to become visible in the package manager (there's a manual approval process there that takes time).

What you can do in the meantime to use NGO 1.2.0 (or any other package that is not showing up) is updating the version manually in the list of dependencies of the manifest file of your project (which is located in Packages > manifest.json)

Code (CSharp):
    1. "dependencies": {
    2.     ...
    3.     "com.unity.netcode.gameobjects": "1.2.0",
    4.     ...
    5. }
    I hope this helps!

3. TheCaveOfWonders

TheCaveOfWonders

Okay thank you, I will try that.

Just fyi, for v1.1.0 it never became available in the package manager for me, I was on Unity 2022.1.20, even after over two weeks of waiting. Not sure if v1.1.0 also required some newer dependency only available in a newer version of Unity, but that's what I had to do in order to get it.

Prior to v1.1.0 I was on Unity 2022.1.20, I had to upgrade to the latest at the time, Unity 2022.1.23f1, and NGO v1.1.0 came with it.

Is that a normal behavior? where sometimes a newer version of unity is required? although it would be nice for that to be indicated somewhere, so we don't just wait thinking the new package will become available in the package manager when it actually requires a new version of Unity.

The reason I'm interested in this topic is because NGO is currently going through a lot of good development and bug fixes, so it's very beneficial to get our hands on the latest version as early as possible.

4. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

it seems that for seeing new major and minor versions (X.0.0 and 1.X.0) in the package manager you need to update the editor's version, while it is not necessary for bugfixes (1.0.X).

TheCaveOfWonders likes this.