Search Unity

Question [Netcode] Disconnect Event From 0 WTF?

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by ProGameDevUser, Oct 25, 2022.

1. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

Hi! I created two different scenes on NetCode, one client, another host, as a result, when creating a host, everything is OK, but when the client connects, it immediately throws it out, there are such errors in the console, what to do?

Attached Files:

• 123.png
      123.png
      File size:
      84 KB
      Views:
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Use the same scene for both host and clients!

3. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

And if you need different scenes? For a computer control scenario from a tablet, for example, they have a different interface and different scenes, respectively

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

You cannot have different scenes in a network game. Everyone is on the same scene, and everyone loads the same additively loaded scenes.

The solution is to hide certain content for some clients - visibility is a section in the Netcode manual.

5. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

Damn, that's weird...

6. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Not weird at all. It's the only way to ensure synchronicity in a network game. If you could have clients being in different scenes, they would have different game objects, different scripts running, different physics simulated.

7. cerestorm

cerestorm

You can have clients in different scenes if you have your own custom scene management. I'm curious though on how you handle the same scene on different platforms.

8. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

I am happy to inform you that I managed to synchronize two completely different scenes :)))

9. Moon1ightWolf

Moon1ightWolf

But how?

10. Moon1ightWolf

Moon1ightWolf

I have the same problem :(

11. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

The main thing is that their scene indexes in the build window match, and everything seems to be