Search Unity

Question NetCode Client Build Have Problem

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by AznableMiao, Feb 4, 2021.

1. AznableMiao

AznableMiao

Hi, i build a windows client, and have a problem with netcode generated code "UnityNetCodeNullCommandDataSendCommandSystem".

Here is log

2. Chris7332

Chris7332

I ran into a similar issue when I had the API Compatibility Level in the Player Settings set to ".Net 4.x" and was building with the Platforms Package (which can only build for Mono 2.x if you're using the Classic Build Scheme). Try with API Compatibility Level set to ".NET Standard 2.0" and see if your issue persists.

3. AznableMiao

AznableMiao

After I changed the build backend in "Classic Scripting Settings", the error disappeared. It was strange but I can't reproduce this error now.

4. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

I have the same problem, but only on Android.
    And it is not solved in any way.

Although I created a build for Android 2 months ago. And everything worked. The packages are still the same, only Visual Scripting has been added.

What to do? Will this be corrected?

5. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

It is possible that 2 months ago I did an Android build in Unity 2020. But I don't remember exactly.
    I believe that this is the problem of 2021.

I really want to build on Android.
    How soon can we expect a fix?

6. AznableMiao

AznableMiao

Try to go back to 2020?

7. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

It is an incompatibility with 2021. Unfortunately is hard for NetCode (end DOTS in general) to be always compatible with the latest Unity 2021 (for many reasons). Please continue to use 2020.3.12f1 instead.
    I know that everyone would enjoy much having all the 2021 improvements

optimise likes this.
  8. optimise

optimise

@CMarastoni. Actually I just hope I can get new Netcode package version soon but seems like it's dragged by new Entities package version. Is that new Entities package version have massive changes that hugely affect the release date? The release frequency is too low compares with last year 2020.

9. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

The problem is not the NetCode package (it has been ready from long time already, I would say from February pretty much).
    It is more the way DOTS release has changed that prevents many package to release their updates. We are now making sure all dots packages works together when we release a new update. That of course are delaying things a bit.
    And indeed there are major changes in NetCode, especially the way code-gen works.

Lukas_Kastern and optimise like this.
  10. Krooq

Krooq

I'm getting the same issue in a build for Windows.
    Strangely only IL2CPP is working for me with Mono 2.x throwing the error.

AdamBebko likes this.
  11. AdamBebko

AdamBebko

I'm getting the same error in unity 2020.3.18. Building for MacOS. some combination Switching to il2cpp and .net 2.0 fixed it