Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

.NET Standard 2.0 support is completely broken

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Deleted User, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. create project [ProjectName]
    2. in "Player" settings change scripting runtime version to ".NET 4.x Equivalent" and API compatibility level to ".Net Standard 2.0"
    3. create new C# script
    4. double click it to open in Visual Studio 2017

result:
    1. in Solution Explorer there are two projects: [ProjectName] and Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor. I don't know and I dont want to know what is the second project, I dont want to see it in the list.
    2. [ProjectName] project for unknown reason has several files with .uxml extension
    3. in Error List window there are three errors with identical meessage: "CS0518 Predefined type 'System.Void' is not defined or imported UnityCore D:\Projects\UnityCore\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs"

please fix.

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Which versions of Unity and Visual Studio Tools for Unity are you using? There have been a few combination that don't work, and we are correcting the issues.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity 2018.1.0b9, VSTU - 3.5.0.3

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks. We have known issue for these versions already. A fix is on the way for 2018.1. I'm not sure if it will land in 2018.1b10 yet, but it will be in the beta after that at the latest.