Search Unity

Nested Blend Trees use a non existent parameter - Is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Fellshadow, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Fellshadow

Fellshadow

Whenever I create a nested Blend Tree, the blend trees automatically add and use a "Blend" parameter. No blend parameter exists, and no matter what parameter I select, the nested trees will ONLY use this "Blend" parameter. This throws "Parameter 'Blend' does not exist" errors whenever the animator enters this state, and will not correctly traverse the trees.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
    $blendtreebug.png

The base Blend Tree is only a 1D tree, with the "equipAnimType" selected as it's parameter:
    $blendtreebug2.png

The Nested tree is also a 1D tree with the "face" parameter selected as it's parameter.

Notice how the base blend tree has both this non-existent "Blend" parameter AND the parameter I have selected for it? No matter what parameter I select for the nested tree it will only ever have the "Blend" parameter appearing.
    I watched the Unity tutorials on the Blend Trees and noticed that their Blend Trees don't have this "Blend" Parameter appearing, so is this a bug I've encountered or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ugh, sorry about this. I deleted the State and remade it and was able to get rid of the "Blend" parameter. Now everything works.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I am having what might be the exact same thing... I didn't realize that "Blend" was a non-existant parameter (I assumed it was meant to show the value of the assigned parameter), but I suspect that when I change that it'll suddenly work...

Edit: Yep, same thing! My one and only parameter, "forwardSpeed", had been replaced on the blend widget with one called "Blend", which was overriding the blend value and causing things not to work. Re-creating it solved it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014