Search Unity

Neko Factory is complete!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Samantha, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Samantha

Samantha

Hey everyone. We've finished up the Neko Factory animation. Our deadline was Friday, and I'm happy to say that we met the deadline with 12 minutes to spare!

The Factory is actually a fun element for the business I run with my significant other called Adorned. She makes little stuffed Neko dolls and sells them. Some new ones are in a toy show that started this weekend, so the animation is there to be fun on the page.

Ashley and I would like to thank everyone who took the time to view the player and give some feedback. We'd especially like to thank Macupuncture and Joachim, you guys rock. You can read Ashley's blog post (with her personal thanks) here.

You can also view the completed Factory at http://www.nekofactory.com

Thanks again everyone!

2. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Congrats Sam!

Awesome.

3. nickavv

nickavv

The Neko comes out of the swirly thing completely uncolored on my machine. Don't know if that's on purpose or a glitch w/ my graphics card. Otherwise, I really like the poofing effect as parts go through the tunnels. n_n

4. Lallander

Lallander

Grand. Fits great on that webpage as well.

5. hsparra

hsparra

I really like it. My favorite part is the sound the Neko is kicked into the box. I also liked the camera work and the music. Very nicely done! :D

6. Garen

Garen

This is wonderful. I Love the feel of the whole thing. Just makes me happy!

7. jamie

jamie

very nice! I like all the little changes you made, the colored walls, spinning assembler, and dust when the pieces are punched out. Nice work.

8. taumel

taumel

Nice!

One thing i would have changed is the size of the pets. They a re just way too small and so they get kind of lost in the large package.

9. drJones

drJones

great work, it definitly has an original sense of style. the music really adds to it as well, kind of mario-like in that its simple but very memorable.

i agree with tamuel - there's definitly a scaling issue though i think you could just make the floor tile texture a much smaller grid then make the box smaller as well (as it is now it looks like the box would barely fit out the door). i'd throw a bit more bounce on the nekos as well.

good job ; )

10. pete

pete

forgot to post yesterday... it turned out great! though i do need to say i had that music stuck in my head all day... thanks very much!

11. Samantha

Samantha

Thanks for the nice words, everyone. I was working on this project for a long time, and I'm glad to see it completed, and others are enjoying it. Also, considering that I don't consider myself a writer of great music, I'm thrilled to hear that it's getting stuck in people's heads :)