Search Unity

Neighbor Terrain Not Reconnecting

Discussion in 'World Building' started by AngelaEngle12, Feb 6, 2020.

1. AngelaEngle12

AngelaEngle12

Greetings,

I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f6. I'm building an open world. I have 4 terrains that need to be connected together. When I put the first two terrains down they connected just fine, but when I added the next two, they refuse to connect despite having the same group ID. Is there something I'm missing? Can I also change the code around to fix this?

Here is an image of the landmass; note the center terrain and the southern terrain connect just fine, the other two do not connect to the center terrain:

https://i.imgur.com/y7XinIX.png

2. Darkgaze

Darkgaze

3. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

Which versions of Unity are both of you using?

4. AngelaEngle12

AngelaEngle12

I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f6.

5. AngelaEngle12

AngelaEngle12

6. AngelaEngle12

AngelaEngle12

Well, I was able to somewhat fix my issue. I think it was something pretty newbish; the terrain resolutions weren't the same so it was breaking the connection. I just did a restart of the project and established the terrains and neighbors before adding in the height maps. I made sure every terrain and height map were the same resolution and height. So far, no issues and I'm able to sculpt over the seams.

wyattt_ likes this.
  7. blackant

blackant

hello, i have also this problem.
    It was working when i created the terrain yesterday, but modifying it today, broke something.
    i added 2 others terrains on the side and they are correctly connected.

i'm on unity 2020.1.0a13

I tried to solve this by exporting the heightmap data and reimporting it on a new fresh terrain, but it seems to break the connection immediatelly after that import.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  8. gilley033

gilley033

Not sure if it's related but SetNeighbors was broken in one of the 2018 versions. Apparently it has been fixed in 2021 but no word on whether it will ever be back ported to the LTS versions.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  9. EJSainz

EJSainz

Any answers on this? I'm having the exact same problem. Yesterday the terrains were fine, but today, as I raise terrain, only the one with the cursor on raises.

10. BootySmashDeluxe

BootySmashDeluxe

For me, my 2 terrains were not connecting because I had a third unrelated terrain with the same grouping ID. changing that ID allowed the adjacent terrains to connect