Search Unity

Neep Help Oculus wont work in Unity

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by LionDEmil, Oct 10, 2018.

1. LionDEmil

LionDEmil

Hey guys maybe someone of you can help me.
    I get following error message since last friday the 5th October 2018:

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/OVRLint.cs(297,23): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.PlayerSettings' does not contain a definition for `VROculus'

I dont get it at all. I was working in the morning on the 5th and everything was fine. I used this tutorial to set up my Oculus:

But then after some try and errors also on the 5th to get my Quill FBX files get worked in unity. It worked fine get my shader and my animations imported. But then it doesnt work anymore and I was just changing the shader because I found the official one from Quill itself.

I saw today that the Oculus Integration Asset in the Asstes Store gets updated on the 8th October and I updated it. It doesnt worked before the update and also not after the update.

Does someone has an idea?

I have also the packages of the SDK Platform and the SDK Avatar for here:
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-avatar-sdk/
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-platform-sdk/

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It sounds to me like the version of Unity you're using somehow isn't compatible with the version of Unity they used to make the package. In particular, apparently they had a "VROculus" setting, and you don't.

So, the easiest solution would be to try a different (newer?) version of Unity.

If that fails, then check your Player Settings, see what the VR setting is actually called (I think it's just "Oculus"), and update OVRLint.cs line 297 to use that instead of "VROculus".

LionDEmil likes this.
  3. alpha_rat

alpha_rat

Maybe you can check in Project Settings > Player > XR settings if the Oculus VR SDK is listed there?
    My guess is that it could be missing.

LionDEmil likes this.
  4. LionDEmil

LionDEmil

It was the Unity version, I was working in my university but they have a pretty old version lol. I fixed that and then it worked agian :)

JoeStrout likes this.