Search Unity

Needing WWII Style Maps

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Apeface11, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Apeface11

Apeface11

I am developing a WWII FPS and I am in need of around 10 maps. The maps need to be in high quality. There has to be lots of buildings on each map and needs to be a fair size.
    I am willing to pay, contact me if you feel you can do this and we can negotiate from there.

2. Aloft_Studio

Aloft_Studio

Dear Apeface,

I am an architect by profession, and proficient with environmental modeling. If you are willing to work on a contractual basis, I might be able to help you with that.

I caution you though that it sounds as though you may be taking on a project too large too early. Games on that scale really take a team of around 10 or more, and with pretty substantial funding.

Goodluck, at any rate!

Apeface11 likes this.
  3. Apeface11

Apeface11

I do understand that I will need substantial funding for this project. I will be starting a kickstarter within the next week to raise money for a team and the addons we will need.

4. Aloft_Studio

Aloft_Studio

Sadly I think you will find that difficult. You can't really have a kickstarter until you have a demo and substantial in game footage, and an eye-catching graphic presentation, as well as a press and public following it takes months to develop. Trust me, I have have projects which have all of those things which still aren't appropriate to launch.

It sounds like a letdown, but anyone's first public game should generally be a 2D game. You will learn the craft and industry much faster than going full out on a project that is impossible to realize.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

One other small note - you will want to post this in Commercial: Job Offering if you want to get some real respondents to your offer.
    Nothing against Aloft_Studio who I completely agree with.

But good luck - it sounds like a lofty project!

6. DizzyTornado

DizzyTornado

In a few months I could probably help with level design, but I don't have good modeling skills.