Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Need to make changes to UGUI source, how to link package dependency?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by castor76, Sep 16, 2021.

1. castor76

castor76

After having a look at how UGUI handles the controller navigation. I was surprised at how inefficient it was doing it. ( iterating over all Selectables, no layer system, filtering system)

So I wanted to implement my own and found couple of API to override which was a good start, but I really need to override the FindSelectable which is for some reason not a virtual.... Great... Ha...

I need to find way to somehow import UGUI from Git or locally and still maintain the dependency requirement for the other packages such as Textmeshpro and URP.

How can I do this?

Also, How can I add UGUI package from github? I tried it using the link to the git, but it fails to import saying there is no package info.

I can't just copy the UGUI source code to the assets folder because it causes duplication from the package manager version.