Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Need to localize Unity application without source code

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by unity_BF53BDD022C5DE8D8A10, Sep 18, 2023.

1. unity_BF53BDD022C5DE8D8A10

unity_BF53BDD022C5DE8D8A10

Hi everyone.
    I have bought access to Unity app, but it haven't been localized to language which I need.
    I have no access to source code, but I want to localize all text inside program.
    Is there a way to do so?
    I have found the way to replace assets in installed desktop Unity app. But unfortunately the app I need have only Web and mobile versions. Is there a way to localize any of them in the way I need?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It really depends on how the app was built. If it's using the localization package then it could be possible. Can you speak to the developer and find out? They may be happy to work with a community provided translation.

3. unity_BF53BDD022C5DE8D8A10

Thanks for advice, I've asked developers.
    But this is urgent task, so I need to check the other way.

I've checked the .apk files and found many .bundle files in assets\aa\Android\ folder. How could I open them? I've tried to load it in Unity editor, but it failed. Do I need to install some extension?

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Those sound like asset bundles.
    We don't provide any tools for opening them outside of Unity. Do you see a manifest.json file inside the same directory? If so then you may be able to generate some new bundles to add support for the language.

5. unity_BF53BDD022C5DE8D8A10

Yes, I saw manifest.
    But I've been just told that we need to use only web version...
    I couldn't see any resources at all at local storage.
    Is there a way to substitute web assets on the fly? Or its impossible.

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Im afraid that's outside of my expertise.
    The best course of action would be to talk to the developer and get them to guide you.