Search Unity

Feature Request Need to be able to export/import or sync events across environments

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by masterton, Oct 2, 2022.

1. masterton

masterton

It is laborious to enter every custom parameter and event through the website. I've entered a bunch of custom events and parameters for our dev environment and am faced with the task of doing the exact same thing for the production environment. Laborious and error-prone.

We really need a CSV import/export process. That way I can at least export both environments and compare the two in case I missed something. If anyone is using more than two environments, then lord help them.

This is painful. It doesn't have to be.

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey Masteron,

Thank you for reaching out! I totally agree, it would be much easier to import/export custom events for multiple environments, or perhaps another way to clone events over from one to the other. It's a great idea!

We've taken your feedback, which we really appreciate, and submitted it to our development team. If you have any more feedback like this, please do not hesitate to continue posting concerns/feedback like this!

Best,
    Randy

3. dchipman

dchipman

Is there any sort of ETA for this feature or perhaps a roadmap where we can track progress? There are posts in this forum requesting this over the last 12 months, including responses from Unity devs acknowledging it being the most requested feature. Not being able to store schemas in version control and having to manually copy several entries by hand is not a production ready pipeline.

4. AbsolutelyAdrian

AbsolutelyAdrian

I'd definitely like to second (third?) this request. It makes the use of separate environments with custom events almost unworkable without some way to clone them across environments.