Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Support for Culling Mask of camera

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pavees, Apr 24, 2010.

1. pavees

pavees

hi, my project contain a number of small and big mesh and rendering of which causes the application slow down. Just guide me a proper way to do this. I am using shaders for Floor and also for other objects as in the screen shot attached.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Attached Files:

2. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

I'd use some combine meshes script on similiar nearby objects. Or you could do LOD or lowering the cameras draw distance.

But if you've got lots of rooms, you could setup a portaling type system to enable/disable rendering of objects in rooms you can't see.

3. pavees

pavees

thanks for the suggestion but my problm is i hav only one room to play around right now..

4. pavees

pavees

Hi, i hav a serious trouble in making up my game run smooth. Even when the player is looking up the sky nothing else in the camera view port the no: of triangles drawn are very high. And so the rendering is very slow. As mentioned above wen the player looks/move around with in the room then the above is the result where the FPS goes to a max of 4 FPS. Please can any one make it clear why this is happening. I have already posted related post but not getting any reply.
    I request atleast those Unity Tech support guys to respond. As i am stuck with this for along time.

5. pavees

pavees

this is the screen Shot of the player looking up in the empty sky. Where it is clearly seen that the no: of Draw Cells is around 4800.

Attached Files: