Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Something like the IDE Rect Tool, but Snaps to Colliders it Touches (2-5 hours?)

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Offering' started by DanVioletSagmiller, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DanVioletSagmiller

DanVioletSagmiller

[Completed]

I need a tool that allows me to stretch an object like the rect tool does, but where it can snap against other colliders it comes in contact with. Please see this following video for clarity. The first minute or two demo's what is needed, but the rest of the 12 minutes goes to showing how I would approach it.

How to bid:
    • Please contact me via private/direct messaging with a general explanation of how you plan to solve the problem, along with a cost, and when you think you would be able to finish it by.
    • I'm expecting it within a week max, but this will likely be a 2-5 hour project.
    • Please include references to other work you have done that might demonstrate your general ability to solve this.

This will be a paid project, where payment can be made on receipt of an initial test proving stability. I will be using the latest LTS version of Unity (presently on Unity 2020.3.21). I expect the code to be C#. I would prefer something that appears to be built in to Unity, but I will accept options that require components or additional steps beyond pressing a hot key in the scene view.

If you are planning to use a paid asset from the Unity store, that needs an alteration to make this work, reference it, so I understand any additional assets I would need to purchase in the total cost.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021